Page 74 of 170 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 3392

Thread: BadAss SRT-Z - 2.4L / A568 - Update!!!

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: BadAss SRT-Z Update!!!

Thanks everyone... gotta figure out how to use all that mph, LOL!

Yeah DJ that might work... did your Shadow have a factory clutch switch? I might try to rob the Neon for parts too. LOL

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Turbodave and I raided the pick-n-pull Saturday and part of the mission was to claim as many different clutch switches as possible. Here are most of them, from left to right:

1G Neon - Saturn - Celica - Nissan - Mazda

The first three are floor mounted, all normally open switches. The other two are top mount and one is n/o the other n/c.

I decided to use the GM sensor as it by far has the largest target width and throw.

I have it wired into the DIS-2 Plus box and in series with a thumb button so it is not always active. Tried it out in the driveway tonight in neutral and it seems to work OK... gotta think a bit about how forgiving the neighbors would be it I let it go down the block
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8153.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	479.7 KB 
ID:	26033   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8154.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	401.5 KB 
ID:	26034   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8155.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	26035   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8157.jpg 
Size:	345.6 KB 
ID:	26036   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8163.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	471.0 KB 
ID:	26037   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8159.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	476.5 KB 
ID:	26038  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8162.jpg 
Size:	461.4 KB 
ID:	26039   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8165.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	361.4 KB 
ID:	26040   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8176.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	307.0 KB 
ID:	26041   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8177.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	219.7 KB 
ID:	26042  

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Turbodave and I raided the pick-n-pull Saturday and part of the mission was to claim as many different clutch switches as possible. Here are most of them, from left to right:

1G Neon - Saturn - Celica - Nissan - Mazda

The first three are floor mounted, all normally open switches. The other two are top mount and one is n/o the other n/c.

I decided to use the GM sensor as it by far has the largest target width and throw.

I have it wired into the DIS-2 Plus box and in series with a thumb button so it is not always active. Tried it out in the driveway tonight in neutral and it seems to work OK... gotta think a bit about how forgiving the neighbors would be it I let it go down the block
    I just went through this with the Charger, fortunatly I had a parts car in the back with factory cruise, so I used that switch. The unfortunate part was Not getting it working in time to use it at the track!

Should make a big difference, more control on the launch, more consistant and I'm thinking Easier to dial in the slicks for traction!

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

boostaholic

Wait what are you wiring the clutch switch into the DIS2+ for? 2-step?

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Nice runs, JT!
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Looks good JT. A bit of a different theory than myself but it should work great. I made my switch so it comes on just as the clutch is engaging. The main reason being I can also use it for flat shifting so I wanted it to come on as soon as possible. But I think that should work just fine for LC.

Here's a dumb Q. Don't the Daytonas come with a factory cruise cut-out switch mounted to the top of the clutch peddle?

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Some may have but I'm pretty sure in 87 none of the TII cars were available with cruise
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Should make a big difference, more control on the launch, more consistant and I'm thinking Easier to dial in the slicks for traction!
    I sure hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by SebringLX View Post
    Wait what are you wiring the clutch switch into the DIS2+ for? 2-step?
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Nice runs, JT!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by turboshad View Post
    Looks good JT. A bit of a different theory than myself but it should work great. I made my switch so it comes on just as the clutch is engaging. The main reason being I can also use it for flat shifting so I wanted it to come on as soon as possible. But I think that should work just fine for LC.
    Hmmm.... so you have it drop down to launch RPM when you shift?

Here's a dumb Q. Don't the Daytonas come with a factory cruise cut-out switch mounted to the top of the clutch peddle?
    Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    Some may have but I'm pretty sure in 87 none of the TII cars were available with cruise
    Yep, no cruise on 87 T-II...

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Yep, no cruise on 87 T-II...
    What! No way, every TII Shelby Daytona I've owned has had cruise, I'm sure of it! Although, they may have all been 88 and up?

Switch from an 88 won't work?

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

What! No way, every TII Shelby Daytona I've owned has had cruise, I'm sure of it! Although, they may have all been 88 and up?

Maybe 89? It might work, but it was easier for me to find something more plentiful in the yards. None of the older TMs these days

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Hmmm.... so you have it drop down to launch RPM when you shift?

Here is the MS launch control.

You pick the RPM at which it start retarding when activated. Then you pick the timing value you want it to retard to. The lower the value the more boost you can make. When I had it at 6.5 degrees I was getting up to 11psi at the line. Next is the throttle position that it becomes enabled above when the input is grounded to activate followed by the hard RPM limit. Below that you choose wether you want a fuel cut, spark cut or both. With a spark cut you can choose how many events out of how many you want to cut.

Further down you have the flat shift arming point. So if the input is grounded above this RPM it will act as a flat shift. From there you have seperate settings like the LC for retard above RPM, retard to degrees, and hard RPM limit. It will use the same x from y events that the LC uses as well as the limiter method.

All in all it's pretty good for an inexpensive ECU.

You pick the RPM at which it start retarding when activated. Then you pick the timing value you want it to retard to. The lower the value the more boost you can make. When I had it at 6.5 degrees I was getting up to 11psi at the line. Next is the throttle position that it becomes enabled above when the input is grounded to activate followed by the hard RPM limit. Below that you choose wether you want a fuel cut, spark cut or both. With a spark cut you can choose how many events out of how many you want to cut.

Further down you have the flat shift arming point. So if the input is grounded above this RPM it will act as a flat shift. From there you have seperate settings like the LC for retard above RPM, retard to degrees, and hard RPM limit. It will use the same x from y events that the LC uses as well as the limiter method.

This is deff the kind of stuff we need to start wrapping our heads around if we want to stay manuel and represent!

The rest of the FWD world has been out-technologying us and I say Enoughs Enough!

It's time to take a stand and instal SH!T like this into our dino-cars and pick up 2-3tenths or more and have even less wear on our trannys!

Who's ,with me?

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Rampage16V's Avatar

Yeap I was using it on my car to 0 degrees timing at 3500 then hard limit at 4000 but never reached it the boost was up there on the launch

Dean Stillie
    87 Shelby Z 2.4 Turbo 9.06@146.05
    82 Rampage 2.4 Turbo 10.14@138.02

Bad Mother Flecker Turbo Mopar Staff fleckster's Avatar

Yep, definitely no cruise control on the '87 Shelby Z. (or any Turbo II car that year). The story was that the intercooler hoses were run through were the cruise control servo was mounted and they didn't have he new mounting bracket that moved it out of the way ready in time (probably a design oversight as this was before CATIA so, it was left out of those cars. It is in the logic module but no servo there to drive it. Probably not too difficult to retro-fit with the later servo bracket and a switch of the steering column to add the stalk.

John M. Fleck

'83 Dodge Rampage 2.2 w/ 2.5L Turbo 14.79@94
    '87 Shelby Lancer #213 14.99@94
    '89 Chrysler LeBaron GT Turbo 'vert 15.88@92
    '92 Dodge Spirit R/T 13.50@104 ; 13.34@102 on slicks
    '98 Dodge Neon R/T 15.66@89
    '03 Dodge SRT-4 13.91@98

Quote Originally Posted by fleckster View Post
    It is in the logic module but no servo there to drive it. Probably not too difficult to retro-fit with the later servo bracket and a switch of the steering column to add the stalk.
    Dang John you read my mind, thanks for posting the info on the LM...although I don't believe the wiring for it is in the harness?

Also JT, thanks to you and all the other "pioneers" that are out there doing the modding/repairing/sacrificing! Your trial and error sessions will ultimately save additional parts and cars from the scrapyard
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

boostaholic

Well I see how you can do that stuff with an MS... you can't do all that with a DIS2+, which it sounds like JT is using.

The 2-step function on the DIS2 is controlled by 2 wires. Blue for rev limit, Pink for step retard. It's a simple on/off only. When the blue wire is grounded, rev limit is active. When the pink wire is grounded, timing is retarded.

I did not know you wanted to retard timing in addition to limiting revs when setting up a 2-step, that's good info, 'cause when I get mine back from MSD, I'll be setting it up.

If you connect the blue and pink wires to the clutch switch, and set the dials to say 4000rpm and 10* retard, then every time you push the clutch, it's going to activate. I see that going very badly when you try to shift. Or is the clutch switch not going behind the clutch?

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fleckster View Post
    Yep, definitely no cruise control on the '87 Shelby Z. (or any Turbo II car that year). The story was that the intercooler hoses were run through were the cruise control servo was mounted and they didn't have he new mounting bracket that moved it out of the way ready in time (probably a design oversight as this was before CATIA so, it was left out of those cars. It is in the logic module but no servo there to drive it. Probably not too difficult to retro-fit with the later servo bracket and a switch of the steering column to add the stalk.
    good thing i kept with a 87 t1 harness in my daytona and converted it to T2. I have an 89 cruise actuator in there hanging out near the strut tower.

Rob (shadow) we have launch limiter stuff in the cals now and timing retard at WOT when the boost is lower than the setpoint to help with spool on the line. i leave the line with 10psi with a manual trans car. its not quite as slick as the MS setup but it works well.

Brian

Thats pretty fancy stuff there!

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    Dang John you read my mind, thanks for posting the info on the LM...although I don't believe the wiring for it is in the harness?

Also JT, thanks to you and all the other "pioneers" that are out there doing the modding/repairing/sacrificing! Your trial and error sessions will ultimately save additional parts and cars from the scrapyard
    Interesting indeed, I didnt know why it didnt have it, just that it didnt, LOL!

Thanks Paul, in my mind, thats exactly what the Shelby Dodge Club and Turbo Mopar are all about

Quote Originally Posted by SebringLX View Post
    Well I see how you can do that stuff with an MS... you can't do all that with a DIS2+, which it sounds like JT is using.

The 2-step function on the DIS2 is controlled by 2 wires. Blue for rev limit, Pink for step retard. It's a simple on/off only. When the blue wire is grounded, rev limit is active. When the pink wire is grounded, timing is retarded.

I did not know you wanted to retard timing in addition to limiting revs when setting up a 2-step, that's good info, 'cause when I get mine back from MSD, I'll be setting it up.

If you connect the blue and pink wires to the clutch switch, and set the dials to say 4000rpm and 10* retard, then every time you push the clutch, it's going to activate. I see that going very badly when you try to shift. Or is the clutch switch not going behind the clutch?
    Good thinking Josh, I totally forgot about the pink wire! I have the clutch switch and a thumb button wired in series so after launch I drop the thumb button and its all inactive. I was going to tune the 2-step area of the fuel and spark maps accordingly but this may be a better way.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

boostaholic

Good thinking Josh, I totally forgot about the pink wire! I have the clutch switch and a thumb button wired in series so after launch I drop the thumb button and its all inactive. I was going to tune the 2-step area of the fuel and spark maps accordingly but this may be a better way.
    Sounds like a good idea. Why retard the timing though? Wouldn't that lower the amount of boost you get on the line? Or is that what you're after to try and reduce wheel spin?