Thread: Non-intercooled radiator - AA-body

Non-intercooled radiator - AA-body

I'm going to install my front-mount intercooler soon and need a full-sized radiator for my car.

Must be in very good to mint condition....this is going to go in my '91 Spirit R/T.

This also means I'll be selling the radiator/intercooler from the same car soon.

Lebaron GTC fan!! Turbo Mopar Contributor midohiomoparsource's Avatar

Re: Non-intercooled radiator - AA-body

I have an aluminum one out of a Daytona/Lebaron.
    I also have a near new one out of Lebaron sedan. This one I bought a few years ago for my 89 Lebaron coupe but it wouldn't fit right, so must be for a sedan.

Matt
    Parting anything and everything lately, not just Turbo cars.

Quote Originally Posted by midohiomoparsource
    I have an aluminum one out of a Daytona/Lebaron.
    I also have a near new one out of Lebaron sedan. This one I bought a few years ago for my 89 Lebaron coupe but it wouldn't fit right, so must be for a sedan.

Matt
    Thanks, but if I remember correctly the '89 won't fit. I had this problem last time I made this upgrade. Thanks though.

turbo addict

They're about $100 new at most parts stores.

Garrett booster

Hey Chris, I know what you mean about the mounts! 89, 90, and 91 years all have different mounting points. I bought an all aluminum brand new rad from "Spectra Premium" purchased from my local Canadian Tire, not sure if that manufacturer is available in the US though, lifetime warranty too!

Quote Originally Posted by 91DSX
    Hey Chris, I know what you mean about the mounts! 89, 90, and 91 years all have different mounting points. I bought an all aluminum brand new rad from "Spectra Premium" purchased from my local Canadian Tire, not sure if that manufacturer is available in the US though, lifetime warranty too!
    Well as far as the info I have is concerned...'89-90 have the same part number whereas '91-95 will have a different part number.

I found a place in the US that carries the Spectra Premium for $100. Shoot man I'm getting that! Thanks for the tip BTW!

I put a 2-row from a '94 Spirit in my '89 Acclaim before it got whacked. Difference in the 2: Mount points for the fan/shroud. The '89-90 shroud(and early '91) used clips to hold the fan onto the radiator. Mid-91-up went to bolts/slipnuts, and moved the cooling jug to the right of the car. You can use the early model radiator, you just have to drill the mount holes for the fan shroud(self-tapping screws work good for this, too) or use the early model clips(did this on my '92 Acclaim) to hold the fan up. Mount points on the radiator are the same all years(can't remember if they used larger or smaller rubber "feet" on the later model rads, but upper holes are identical).

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Faulk
    Well as far as the info I have is concerned...'89-90 have the same part number whereas '91-95 will have a different part number.

I found a place in the US that carries the Spectra Premium for $100. Shoot man I'm getting that! Thanks for the tip BTW!
    Glad to hear Chris, anytime man!

Sorry, I was reffering to the difference in the Intercooler/Rad combos and it only pertains to G-bodies I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Eagle
    I put a 2-row from a '94 Spirit in my '89 Acclaim before it got whacked. Difference in the 2: Mount points for the fan/shroud. The '89-90 shroud(and early '91) used clips to hold the fan onto the radiator. Mid-91-up went to bolts/slipnuts, and moved the cooling jug to the right of the car. You can use the early model radiator, you just have to drill the mount holes for the fan shroud(self-tapping screws work good for this, too) or use the early model clips(did this on my '92 Acclaim) to hold the fan up. Mount points on the radiator are the same all years(can't remember if they used larger or smaller rubber "feet" on the later model rads, but upper holes are identical).
    Good info thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by 91DSX
    Glad to hear Chris, anytime man!

Sorry, I was reffering to the difference in the Intercooler/Rad combos and it only pertains to G-bodies I believe.
    Yeah that's the deal...I'm taking out the intercooler and going with a full-size radiator. The T-III needs all the cooling it can get. Might as well while I'm in there cutting holes in the core supports.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Faulk
    Yeah that's the deal...I'm taking out the intercooler and going with a full-size radiator. The T-III needs all the cooling it can get. Might as well while I'm in there cutting holes in the core supports.
    LOL, I had to remove and masage some the support sheet metal too, had to fit my Tripple core TII IC *AND* full size TI radiator, its a tight fit!