Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: MPSciLink

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Re: MPSciLink

If you find you want a longer cable for that display, I still have wire and parts for them.
    The included test wire is very short.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Garrett booster

Sorry for the massive delay (and necro bump). After a 3+ year delay, the Daytona is back on the road. When I got my MPSciLink, it was only a few weeks later the car died. So I still have never got to use it. I caught up on over 40 pages of reading (insomnia) last night. I've been watching videos on setting this up, and my wife gave me her older Asus tablet. We're on vacation end of this week, but when we get back, I am going to try my best to see if I can get this set up and logging. My car has an LM but I did get some logging done with MPScan.

Are there drivers or firmware updates for the Nextion display? I got the display driver installed so I have the standard button layouts, but Setup and Time functions don't allow to Cancel or Save to return to the main screen. Was wondering if there were some other drivers I need to load on this device.

Also getting this error when attempting to push files to the display, not sure if it's the app or the device.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220731-214557~3.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	66016
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

There is a video regarding updating the display. It's on the mpscilink website.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I got it side loaded earlier, but was hoping to find out why this is happening. Also was wondering (in the other thread) if there is a firmware update for the screen. I cannot find anything even on the Nextion site, but wasn't sure if a support account was required.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

You sir sound like someone who has read the instructions and tips pages!
    😉

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    😉

I've tried to be thorough. It could also be the fact that the machining class I help with has videos for everything covered in the class.

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    😉

My question about the firmware isn't mentioned so if you want to provide a link that I missed, that would be appreciated.

Posting to ask if this is possibly due to me running an Ostrich.

Tried swapping the Tx and Rx, confirmed the continuity of the wires, have power, have ground, but every test I try, every time I try to do anything that connects to the LM, yields np results.

I did have a spare LM that allowed the car to start and yields the same results so I cannot confirm or rule out a bad unit. I can connect to it via Bluetooth and I have pushed the lst files (not the Nextion screen one, just the others).

Any advice is appreciated, but losing hope this is going to work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220803-191320.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	66022

Are you trying to flash it, or read the cal? I remember getting that message the other day, but I assumed I was getting it because I was doing something which required a flashable computer. My units seem to do everything they're supposed to. Are you still trying to get your next ion screen working, or are you trying to do something else now?

Are you trying to flash it, or read the cal? I remember getting that message the other day, but I assumed I was getting it because I was doing something which required a flashable computer. My units seem to do everything they're supposed to. Are you still trying to get your next ion screen working, or are you trying to do something else now?
    At this point I'd like to just confirm it can talk to the LM. Not going to worry about the screen for now, using my phone and my tablet. Really only trying to test sensors and display live readings, nothing more.

Are the sensor test options green text after you've paired it? I'll do relay tests with mine so I can hear them actuate. That tells me I'm hooked in for real. If I know the car is hot I'll read the coolant temp sensor value too.

Yeah they are green, but none work. Nothing responds when I do a test with the tach or anything.

Have you created the layout, then created the profile with the layout, and selected the proper ecu type for the profile?

Jon, I really don't think MPSciLink will work properly with a Nextion display attached.
    The RTC is integrated on the display, so without it some of the functions that require a time stamp or reference won't work.

And be sure to set the proper date/time from the Clock screen, and save. (You need a 1220 battery)

Perform a test log through MPScanDroid first. A successful log event sends information to the MPSciLink from your tablet/phone.

Check program settings in MPScanDroid to be sure you have LM selected as your default ECU- BEFORE YOU CREATE A LAYOUT.
    if you didn't, then delete your layout and rebuild it after setting default ECU.

After you have a successful log event, then try those diagnostic tests. I don't know if they even work for LM, but I would only try after you successfully log.

Wayne H.

I hooked up the device which I had working in the minivan and it doesn't do any of the diagnostic tests, and I'm pretty sure I followed the above directions to a t. I made sure to set the default ecu type before making my layout then created my profile, tried to log, and then tried the tests. I had the nextion display disconnected at one point too.

To further test, I used the same procedure in my
    SPEC white lancer and it was fine. The all relays test had things making. Noise under the hood right away.

I hooked up the device which I had working in the minivan and it doesn't do any of the diagnostic tests, and I'm pretty sure I followed the above directions to a t. I made sure to set the default ecu type before making my layout then created my profile, tried to log, and then tried the tests. I had the nextion display disconnected at one point too.

To further test, I used the same procedure in my
    SPEC white lancer and it was fine. The all relays test had things making. Noise under the hood right away.
    Isn't your van a 90? SBEC?
    And the lancer is an 89?

Wayne H.

Yes, the van is an SBEC. The link which I installed in the Shelby lancer worked fine in it. The link in my white lancer has a link I made and it works great. I'm having issues with my Lm car, just like Jon is. I should not that we are both using them in Shelby Lancers. Could that computer be the difference? I don't know if Jon is using a different cal or not.

Yes, the van is an SBEC. The link which I installed in the Shelby lancer worked fine in it. The link in my white lancer has a link I made and it works great. I'm having issues with my Lm car, just like Jon is. I should not that we are both using them in Shelby Lancers. Could that computer be the difference? I don't know if Jon is using a different cal or not.
    thedon809 used his on his Shelby Lancer, and several others have used on their LM cars, but they seem to be a bit more finicky.
    Aries_Turbo converted his car over to split SMEC after he had first used his MPSciLink with the LM. The LM is more primitive, and has more limitations.
    So I'm not really sure what is going on now with both of yours. Nothing has changed with these MPSciLink files in a while.
    Jon is using an ostrich however, and I didn't know if it would be functionally compatible.

Wayne H.

Interesting. Could it just be a situation where the lm won't do the diagnostics? That's my hangup in the process, as I generally use that as the test to make sure I have everything working with the link.