Thread: Where can I get a modded ecu chip?

Hybrid booster

Where can I get a modded ecu chip?

I already contacted FWD-P and received no reply(yes I know they are partly retired). I need a 22psi chip for my 88 Daytona Shelby Z (stock garret). I have a 3 bar map, +40's, 50/50 meth/water injection and wisco pistons. 1mm oversized valves and 2.5" free flowing exhaust with ported exhaust manifold. Don't want any cold idle. Thanks for help.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Where can I get a modded ecu chip?

Have you thought about rolling your own? I think it would be frustrating to do a cal for that combination through the mail.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyZD View Post
    I already contacted FWD-P and received no reply(yes I know they are partly retired). I need a 22psi chip for my 88 Daytona Shelby Z (stock garret). I have a 3 bar map, +40's, 50/50 meth/water injection and wisco pistons. 1mm oversized valves and 2.5" free flowing exhaust with ported exhaust manifold. Don't want any cold idle. Thanks for help.
    I assume you have Wide band for tweaking without it you and the tuner are just guessing. The general purpose tunes that I have seen are crazy rich and this is so it does not go lean and toast someone's engine. We can help you get pointed in the right direction. I do have a tune that would be a good starting point but whatever you do you should also have MPScan so you can log
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Have you thought about rolling your own? I think it would be frustrating to do a cal for that combination through the mail.
    I have thought of it and have tinkered with the software and looked at some cal files, however I am not familiar enough with the software vs engine tuning to risk it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chromguy View Post
    I assume you have Wide band for tweaking without it you and the tuner are just guessing. The general purpose tunes that I have seen are crazy rich and this is so it does not go lean and toast someone's engine. We can help you get pointed in the right direction. I do have a tune that would be a good starting point but whatever you do you should also have MPScan so you can log
    Hi Miles! Alas, I only work part time and have no extra cash for such things. I have been running 22psi for 4-5 years and it's been fine. I know it's running rich when the meth/water starts to spray at 14psi. But it would be nice to be able to tune it better. I have a boostbutton stage 5 19psi cal chip in there now but I must have the extra boost and can't stand the high cold idle.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyZD View Post
    But it would be nice to be able to tune it better. I have a boostbutton stage 5 19psi cal chip in there now but I must have the extra boost and can't stand the high cold idle.
    What tune were you running at 22psi? The boostbutton Stage 5 is easy to modify. As a Nova Scotian in Ontario, I can burn you a chip or two. Send me a PM
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Hybrid booster

I had +20 injectors with a stage 3 15psi fwdp cal on a 2 bar, grainered to 22psi with the meth/water inj. It was super fun! lol Fried my fat 15" 225 wide tires off in 2nd up to 100kph. I have 225/50/16's on pumpers now and it rarely spins....especially at 3psi less. Fast though.