Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Turbonator SBEC Codebase

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Turbonator SBEC Codebase

I really need to get back to this. Thanks for keeping up all the hard work Rob.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Well, it's definitely a switch state problem. But, I can't figure out what it is. The RAM location that shows (should show) the switch condition never changes. I don't get it.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

rob - what specific cal are you looking at and what ram location? if i get a chance this week maybe i can take a look also at the code to see if anything pops out. is the same code in the smec? if so i can at least run it on the smecstim.

lmk if i can help in any way.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    rob - what specific cal are you looking at and what ram location? if i get a chance this week maybe i can take a look also at the code to see if anything pops out. is the same code in the smec? if so i can at least run it on the smecstim.

lmk if i can help in any way.
    It's not even close to the same in the SMEC. The SBEC has a unique interface chip that includes extra I/O, interrupt controllers for the injectors, 256bytes of extra RAM, and the bus controller. It's probably a collage chip, but I have no idea what all is inside it.

The RAM location in the SBEC is 0x3D and 0x3E (they are almost always a direct copy of each other, but not always).

I also loaded up one of my old stock-based cals (3-bar +20), and got the same thing. The switch state never seems to change. At least not in MP Scan. I know MP Scan is working, the PIA RAM locations change (they're at 0x3F, 40 41); as does the Turbonator flags. Those are the same addresses used by cruise control for example, to check the status of the cruise switches.

I know for sure the issue is the switch state. I just don't understand the right way to read it, I guess. I sent a note off to Ken (5digits) to see if he could help me understand this.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

The bat signal has been illuminated, the masking tape X affixed to the window, the dollar sign scribed at the base of the statue. Help is on the way.

Well, Ken didn't really have an idea what to look for.

So, I did some experimenting. I tried a stock cal flashed to my ECU with the same results - switch state register doesn't change. I also tried a completely stock T1 computer and got the same thing. I don't know what's going on. There are the same registers that cruise control uses to turn on/off and I have confirmation that CC works for the TIII cal. Maybe my wiring is fubar'd.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Yep, looks like a problem with my wiring (big shock). The P/N switch state changes just fine. Don't know why I didn't think to check that one before. Probably because the car is up on jackstands with the wheels off and it's not really so safe.

Anyway, I now have to track down why my brake switch is always on.

On the plus side, I think this means the spark-cut launch control is working in T/SBEC. Just not in my car.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

I'm going to post my latest version for testing (V4.1 now). If anyone wants to test the staging limiter and main rev limiter, I'd appreciate it. If/when I get a good report, I'll post it on #1.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hybrid booster

For those of us that have an '89 CSX w/o the VNT, will the CSX-VNT cal work or should we use the T-SBEC_22_MTX_A596_VNT_disabled cal.

Mitsu booster

Just want to say I have had no issue with the main rev limiter, the staging limiter works well too (using cruise on/off switch). I have been trying to get something like shackwrr's van seen here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBEx...ature=youtu.be

I can get it to bang once or twice with my brake depressed- still doesn't quite sound or especially look anything like that flame-throwing van!

Also, anti-lag. Is it supposed to be WOT or staging only? I think that's how the smec is working? I swear it will pull timing seemingly randomly "blaaah"...then QUICK boost.

Can anyone else share their experiences with these t/sbec features?

Quote Originally Posted by spooling View Post
    Just want to say I have had no issue with the main rev limiter, the staging limiter works well too (using cruise on/off switch). I have been trying to get something like shackwrr's van seen here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBEx...ature=youtu.be

I can get it to bang once or twice with my brake depressed- still doesn't quite sound or especially look anything like that flame-throwing van!

Also, anti-lag. Is it supposed to be WOT or staging only? I think that's how the smec is working? I swear it will pull timing seemingly randomly "blaaah"...then QUICK boost.

Can anyone else share their experiences with these t/sbec features?
    The anti-lag timing is only on staging now. It didn't work well as a transient anti-lag. Pulling timing hurt more than any added spool might have helped.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

V4.1 is posted on #1 now...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Mitsu booster

I selected the cruise resume as the staging limiter switch and now the cruise on/off controls it lol At least I'm no longer using the brake (when I had cruise on/off selected as the switch).
    Last edited by spooling; 07-16-2015 at 03:21 AM.

turbo addict

I hope this is the right place to ask, getting around to using TSBEC again after a few years the old one i had was ok but wanted to play around, when i tried both the MP 2.5 ATX and the 2.5 ATX a577 i get a miss when revving in idle starting around 2500. If I tried an 2.5 mtx a225 it doesn't see to have the miss?? Is there something i can log with MPScan to see whats up or just check the ATX flag in this cal and go for it?

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    I hope this is the right place to ask, getting around to using TSBEC again after a few years the old one i had was ok but wanted to play around, when i tried both the MP 2.5 ATX and the 2.5 ATX a577 i get a miss when revving in idle starting around 2500. If I tried an 2.5 mtx a225 it doesn't see to have the miss?? Is there something i can log with MPScan to see whats up or just check the ATX flag in this cal and go for it?
    Really, the MT doesn't do it? That's good info. I'll try to take a look and see what's up.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Really, the MT doesn't do it? That's good info. I'll try to take a look and see what's up.
    I will double check today but yes it seems that both ATX do it but the MTX one I tried and checked the auto transport bit did not. This is just in Park revving the engine slowly

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

turbo addict

ok i just played around with this some more, they both have a miss at around 2700-3000 but the ATX one is more often and seems like a bigger miss if that make since, If it revs slowly it is not as bad as if you rev it up to those RPMS quickly, I will try to play around some more to verify it is not my car,

turbo addict

ok me again, i verified it is something to do with Turbonator, my stock ecu, no miss,
    I also wondered if the chip adapter could be causing the problem, so i burned a UV chip to eliminate the board, with this new Turbonator i still get the miss and my old,uv chip no miss, thus eliminating the adapter and my SBEC board as being problems

I read the bin from my chip and see the working one is TSBEC V2.7
    Last edited by 1BADVAN; 06-24-2016 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    In the cal, go into "Setup\A_-_Cal_Configuration\CalCustomOptionConfigFlags2" and turn off the launch control and anti-lag; set it to use fuel-cut. The templates have them enabled by default (my mistake). Anti-lag is set to come on about 2600 rpm, I think. That's probably what is causing your misfire. I run this same code (A577) and it does not have any miss - with launch control and anti-lag turned off...

As soon as I get the switch issue figured out, launch control should work fine. Actually, LC works as-is, you just can't turn it off
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    In the cal, go into "Setup\A_-_Cal_Configuration\CalCustomOptionConfigFlags2" and turn off the launch control and anti-lag; set it to use fuel-cut. The templates have them enabled by default (my mistake). Anti-lag is set to come on about 2600 rpm, I think. That's probably what is causing your misfire. I run this same code (A577) and it does not have any miss - with launch control and anti-lag turned off...

As soon as I get the switch issue figured out, launch control should work fine. Actually, LC works as-is, you just can't turn it off
    I have tried all this and no luck, sometimes it cuts out so bad it will stop revving at 4500 like a hard limiter, put the stock ecu in and it runs perfect. Here is a link to my cal, if anyone has any ideas i would appreciate it. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...FhvVlExanlnQUE