Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 24v duster - input? :D

Mitsu booster

Re: 24v duster - input? :D

Not sure if anyone has said or not...but the VR4 injectors are low imp. compared to the injectors from the 3G that are high. But I don't think it matters for you, since you are running the MS.

Hybrid booster

yeah, i know they are low impedance, but MS can handle either (with or without a resistor pack depending). ill probably add a resistor pack and run like tehy are high impedance rather than screwing with PWM tuning but who knows

Hybrid booster

well, got some good and bad news:

Good News - Im OK, save for some whiplash and soreness

Bad News - was in an accident going to work Yesterday morning. Went around a blind corner that ive taken every morning for the last 4 summers, cruising along as usual. come around the corner and there is a GMC 1500 parked in my lane facing the wrong way and 3 cars passing him in the oncoming lane. I.E. a wall of cars. i didnt have much for options: cut off the oncoming traffic and go off a 3' ditch/ledge into a field, go to the right and hit a tree or telephone pole, or try and stop. I laid on the brakes and locked em up (was in panic mode so i didnt think to ease up to get traction and steering back) so i ended up hitting this truck head on at maybe 25mph (gestimate, wasnt looking at the speedo when i hit).

Luckly i had the new 215/60 tires on (more traction) and the GMC had a minute-hitch plow hitch that was right level with the steel bumper brace. After i hit, there were no fluids on the ground and the car still runs ok. i didnt run it long because i want to look it over first. The truck had a few scratches and a small crack in the plastic valence but was 100% fine other than that. (the driver and passenger were DPW workers and were in the front yard talking to someone so there wasnt anyone in the truck)

well, the cops show up and one younger cop (25-30ish) is doing the paperwork. He could tell by the rubber stripes i left that i wasnt going 35mph (i was probably doing 55-65mph or so) but since the truck had no damage and my car was noticeably the worse off, he didnt give me a ticket. I also dont have collision so the repair bill is on my head As far as i can tell the DPW guy didnt get a ticket either, probably because DPW and the police are all buddy-buddy anyways.

Stupid idiot had no damage!

Good news from today though, although still sore and achy, i got parts for 181 (hood, both fenders, headlights, headlight support, grill and bumper) and as of 6pm today, "Lucy" is all back together and running well. Im loading her up in the morning and heading 400 miles to school so with me luck

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Shouldn't that be his fault?
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Hybrid booster

probably, but i was going a bit fast. AFAICT he was buddy buddy with the cops so he probably didnt get a ticket. if it was a town truck, theres no way id win with an insurance claim. if it was a personal truck, i might have a shot.

ive had hit and miss luck lately. Lucy got me to school fine (400 miles @ 27mpg) but decided to skip a tooth or two on the timing belt going to dinner. (and i couldnt fit my tools to bring to school either). so now Lucy is at a Mechanics out here and ill probably find out monday or so whats going on. i THINK that one of the idler pulleys i replaced might have come loose in the accident and finally loosened enough to throw the belt off tonight. *sigh* if its not one thing, its another....

boostaholic

Jesus Christ man you're only in Connecticut?! I'm in RI! Where are you going to school?

Hybrid booster

im in Windsor Locks, by Bradley Airport. Im also in Webster MA alot during the summer :-p (got a summer place on Webster Lake)

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

cool that u didnt get a ticket! looks like the car wasnt damaged too much, which is good! glad to see you aready got the new parts installed!

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Hybrid booster

Thanks now as soon as teh mechanic fixes teh timing belt, i should be back at teh track trying to beat my 14.92 :-p (got better tires now too and stiffer rear shocks)

At least a regular hood clears the motor. Seems finding a 3.0 hood is getting tougher.
    James Dempsey Jr 91 Dodge Shadow ES convertible 95 Dodge Neon Sport sedan 2.4 5spd

Hybrid booster

yeah, not many v6 P-bodies in the J-yards around me (or that i could find)

Hybrid booster

bad news i need another motor. The timing belt jumped 1/4 of a cam turn and the motor has NO compression on the front bank, and only 70psi on cyl 1. go figure, i dont have my tools here or the means to get (physically) another motor. ill have to see what i can do, i think i can get a motor near home for $350, and have my dad bring it up along with my tools. might take the weekend, but i bet i can swap the motor pretty quick with some tools and help but we'll see.

so much for running a rebuilt motor and all that *shrug* if its not one thing its another.... :-/

Hybrid booster

well, got the heads off today. definitely had bent valves. ALL the intake valves were bent and at least the exhaust valves on 1 and 4. ill probably be ably to get the heads on the car tomorrow and maybe get a pop and a bang out of Lucy.

front head

front pistons

rear pistons

headless motor
    Last edited by Shadow24; 09-20-2008 at 12:16 AM.

Hybrid booster

went to the last friday test and tune for the year and did fairly well. the new tires had good grip and the car ran really well. on the 6th run i started shifting higher instead of at 6000 i normally did. here are the times.

15.217@92.13
    15.124@91.91
    15.410@92.94
    16.420@92.82 - bogged at the line
    15.003@92.84
    14.994@93.66 - first run shifting at 6500-6700ish, crossing the line in 3rd, remaining runs the same
    14.858@93.54
    14.876@93.73
    14.942@93.82
    15.024@93.73
    14.847@94.29 - fastest run of the night
    14.888@93.89
    15.106@94.11
    14.955@94.27
    14.896@94.61
    15.046@94.27
    14.919@94.48
    14.865@94.49

there were a bunch of hondas and the like there last night, i ate a bunch of them for dinner. Ran against a Cobalt (modded/re-tuned model, whatever is just below the SS) he was running about the same as i was, whoever got the better launch usually won. There was one honda i did respect, he was a late 20s guy that wasnt a ricer and his EG6 hatch was on par with my car for times. same thing, swapping who won back and forth. Ate a 2nd gen eclipse (N/A though) by a good 2 seconds as well.

The most memorable run of the night was going up against an IROC-Z camaro, the driver and passenger gave me that chuckling nod as we lined up. he beat me off the line, but i caught him by half track and passed him on the big end. The look on their faces as i pulled past them was PRICELESS!! The driver flipped me off as i passed him but at the pull off wanted to know what i had, if i had a turbo or something. he couldnt believe he got his --- handed to him by a N/A 6-banger!

the next to last run was against another honda driver said he had been wanting to run me all night. i whooped him bad as well. After the last run of the night i saw 2 hondas and the 2nd gen eclipse parked, chatting and i stopped to say hi (one honda was the one who wanted to race me all night) first thing they asked was if i had a 2.2 or 2.5 turbo. shoulda seen their faces when i popped the hood and told them it was an N/A v6 too bad the eclipse sounded like it had rod knock as it left....*shrug*

the only thing that "broke" at the track tonight was the cheap patchwork flexpipe on my exhaust. 2nd launch of teh night it sheard on me. so i was running no muffler all night and on th eway home at 11:30pm. just lucky i didnt get a noise violation lol. Lucy did me proud tonight, ill have to give her a bath or something perhaps...

as for the car, shifting later saved me a couple tenths especially eliminating a shift. running that high in 1st and 2nd i dont notice a power loss, but in 3rd, as i hit about 6200 or so i can feel it lose some power. The power loss is less than the time lost in hitting 4th gear though. i also reliably picked up about 2mph on my trap speeds. That and i was running a combined weight (me and the car plus all the junk in it) of 3084lbs. that means without the junk and my heavy butt in the car, its about 2800lbs. not too shabby. I also had 5 or 6 different people come up to me give me props for my car and how it was running despite how it looked. That also made the night really good.

Ran into a turbo Hayabusa there as well, and during a 45 minute wait for a track cleanup, talked with the guy. he was running megasquirt on the bike and doing 8.5 second passes to boot! Its nice to see there fast vehicles with the DIY mindset.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Sounds like you had fun,

Did you just fix the heads?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

im going to fix the old heads and build them up for more rpms and power.

i did have a blast, cant wait to go again when the track opens (or if i can make it on sunday)

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

not bad at all! nice job beating up on people!

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow24 View Post
    im going to fix the old heads and build them up for more rpms and power.

i did have a blast, cant wait to go again when the track opens (or if i can make it on sunday)
    If you find better rockers/lifters, holla at cha boi.

Hybrid booster

what do you need better rockers and lifters for? there a fatigue/failure problem with our rockers at higher RPMs? i was thinking about seeing if i could mill out the rockers to take the larger DOHC lash adjusters (just thought of that now)

Hybrid booster

well, its been a while since ive posted on this thread, i keep forgetting i have this one lol. not too much is new ATM, except im now located in columbus OH. Looking forward to the track opening up so i can see what a better tune does at the track (anyone want to lent me some slicks to try? ) im still trying to accumulate parts for my supercharger install. i still need an intercooler and intercooler piping/couplers plus fab work to get it done. im hoping to have it done sometime this summer if all goes well

i DID snag a pair of fidanza cam gears for the 24v out from under the nose of 3 n00b ebayers today (sniping is SO much fun lol) $67 shipped no less. mind you these usually go for $120 - $130 EACH

i also found out that one of my rear wheel bearings is loose, im going to snug them both up tomorrow before driving 70 miles to see my g/f. hopefully that's the root of my on/off throttle lane changing

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast