Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: getting junkyard 86 GLHS...

turbo addict

getting junkyard 86 GLHS...

don't know the number because someone decided they would take the plaque..... if it isn't a real one then don't fake it... please..... all it needs is the frame on the front to be straightened up..... no mods... un molested!!!!!! sold my 85 IROC Z28 for this car..... so i hope it is worth it.... keep you posted... will take pics!!!

Hybrid booster

Re: getting junkyard 86 GLHS...

Congradulations. I know there are guys here that can find out first if it is a genie or not, and if so what number yours was originally (I can't but SDAC guys can). Welcome to the Turbo Mopar crowd. We're mostly cheap suckers that get a thrill out of going fast for not alot of money. The '86 GLHS is a super light weight car that can be incredibly fast, even in mostly stock form. Have fun and keep us posted.

Mike
    www.PowreHaus.com

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

The GLHS will run circle around your old IROC Z. It may not get you as many trailer park dates (hehe sorry...IROC Zs are the center of redneck, mullett wearing redneck jokes...)

Got any pics of the GLHS?

If it's a GLHS, it should have the speedo overlay sticker. Normally, an Omni only goes to 85mph... so Shelby added a sticker that stretches it further to 125 I believe. There are other ways to tell besides the VIN# which is the most accurate for obvious reasons, but I never even seen a 1986 GLHS in person, so I'll let others chime in.

Congrats on the score and the saving of an important car for this community.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Congrats!

+1 on pics!

And if you post the VIN, someone with the list can tell you what number it is.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

i have been around TD's before.... friend has a mini that does 13.5 and a shadow that does 13.9.... i've always wanted an omni... and yea that iroc got old after awhile... put a cam headers full magnaflow exhaust you name it i have done it to that car. besides pull the heads off..... and it still ran a 15.3... soooooo i sold it.... and found this and everyone of my friends was like "why??? why a 4 door ecnobox?" i said that is the beauty of it!!!! BTW i'm getting it monday... hopefully.... maybe tuesday.....

Hybrid booster

Congrats!

I'm still searching for a 86 -S car project myself.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Directconnection View Post
    The GLHS will run circle around your old IROC Z. It may not get you as many trailer park dates (hehe sorry...IROC Zs are the center of redneck, mullett wearing redneck jokes...)

Got any pics of the GLHS?

If it's a GLHS, it should have the speedo overlay sticker. Normally, an Omni only goes to 85mph... so Shelby added a sticker that stretches it further to 125 I believe. There are other ways to tell besides the VIN# which is the most accurate for obvious reasons, but I never even seen a 1986 GLHS in person, so I'll let others chime in.

Congrats on the score and the saving of an important car for this community.
    i hate to see cars like this just sit there and rot away!!! or when a car is build and just sits in a garage..... if cars were ment sit in one spot then they would have square tires...

Quote Originally Posted by roachjuice View Post
    i hate to see cars like this just sit there and rot away!!! or when a car is build and just sits in a garage..... if cars were ment sit in one spot then they would have square tires...
    You mean like this one? My beater R/T I call Joe Dir/t
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC100001.JPG 
Views:	262 
Size:	409.5 KB 
ID:	2645  

Steve

'91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Directconnection View Post
    You mean like this one? My beater R/T I call Joe Dir/t
    yea lol is there any way to find out the number by vin code???? and it is a real shelby!!!!!! 950 bucks!!!! it does have exhaust.... but missing the plaque on the dash and don't know the number.... so if there is anyway to find out the number without it... let me know... also it doesn't have the original wheels on it... the center caps say "ARE" what are they?? i think Lemans wheels but not sure

Hybrid booster

ARE wheels are american racing equipment. Probably aftermarket wheels. And if you give us the last 6 digits of the vin # we will be able to give you the #. the last 6 digits should start with a number 2.

turbo addict

Put the vin number already.

Hey... he's new so he's wasn't sure.

Steve

'91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red

turbo addict

265811 are the last digits

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS069 View Post
    ARE wheels are american racing equipment. Probably aftermarket wheels. And if you give us the last 6 digits of the vin # we will be able to give you the #. the last 6 digits should start with a number 2.
    i have seen those wheels here
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/3740/proto.html
    on the omni.... exactly the same wheels.... also the car came from texas and was last tagged in 1999...

Hybrid booster

265811 are the last digits

That vin belongs to car #314 shipped to K&M Northfield Dodge in Grand Rapids.

We still need you to post pics so we can tell you more.

Steve

turbo addict

sweet!!!!! thanks!!!!! so i got #314!!!!!! how did you find that??? yea its sitting at my mom's house and i'm going over there in a little bit to get it running.... it was cranking over but stopped.... so i got to see what the hell the deal is.... and i will take pics... couldn't yesterday too dark....

turbo addict

so i got some pics but they are on my phone and i have to wait for my roommate to get home so i can bluetooth them to his phone thus getting on the net..... is there any easy way to get to the fuel pump??? and i want a walbro 255 pump.... where to get one.... and this car has been sitting since 99' so what is the easiest way to drop the fuel tank.... and one more ? is there a clutch safty switch on these cars??? if not then i need a starter.... how hard is that to change.... thanks
    brandon

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I don't believe that there is a clutch safty switch. Aslo, the starter is realtivly easy to change, but it is a real doozy the first time you do it.

turbo addict

well here's what happened... we were trying to push the "lightweight" omni that hasn't moved in well over a year with 2 flat tires in the front... so my genus A$$ decides "hey how about i put it in gear and turn over the car with the starter thus moving the car form the holes it is in!!!!" it worked... but tried to start the car and wouldn't start... no starter action poop.... oh and i was trying to take off the cam cover on top and the damn thing won't come off!!!! i thought it was just 3 bolts... am i wrong?? 2 on valve cover and one in the middle on the bottom...

turbo addict

well here's what happened... we were trying to push the "lightweight" omni that hasn't moved in well over a year with 2 flat tires in the front... so my genus A$$ decides "hey how about i put it in gear and turn over the car with the starter thus moving the car form the holes it is in!!!!" it worked... but tried to start the car and wouldn't start... no starter action poop.... oh and i was trying to take off the cam cover on top and the damn thing won't come off!!!! i thought it was just 3 bolts... am i wrong?? 2 on valve cover and one in the middle on the bottom...

Haha, I've pulled those cam covers probably three dozen times now and I still have trouble with it everytime! Just keep working it and it'll come off evenutally.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast