Thread: Carb's 2.2 or 2.5

Carb's 2.2 or 2.5

I have seen here and there how Chrysler (and all manufacturers) sometimes had special engine/body combinations which were never offered in the US, but were offered else where in the world.

An example is the Mexican MPI N/A 2.5 for the Shadow.. a combination never offered for sale in the USA.

Specifically, I'm wondering if the Dodge Daytona or Chrysler LeBaron was ever offered anywhere in the world as a 2.5 or 2.2 with a Carb as standard equipment from the Manufacturer.

Re: Carb's 2.2 or 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by lansingsportsrage View Post
    I have seen here and there how Chrysler (and all manufacturers) sometimes had special engine/body combinations which were never offered in the US, but were offered else where in the world.

An example is the Mexican MPI N/A 2.5 for the Shadow.. a combination never offered for sale in the USA.

Specifically, I'm wondering if the Dodge Daytona or Chrysler LeBaron was ever offered anywhere in the world as a 2.5 or 2.2 with a Carb as standard equipment from the Manufacturer.
    all 2.2's from 1981-1983 were carburated, omni/horizon chargers/turismo until 1987 minivan's also until 1987 and dakota's until 1988 were carburated.

2.5's were available carburated in mexico

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Moved thread from 16v forum as it is better suited for this forum.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Seen a carb omni at the yard today. With a auto, that thing must really be a turd!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

a tbi 5-speed omni is pretty decent stock. a lot faster than today's 35 mpg hatchs, for the most part.

carb vs tbi stock for stock i dont now how they stack up, but i think i would like to try a carb setup sometime.. probly on a 2.5 coincidentally. i only own one 2.2 and its a log/t1 so not going to carb on that. :P

turbo addict

I just put a Taft S1 into a converted Turbo G head on my 85 Carb'd GLH with a new Holly 6520, and it's a bit hokey, but the car revvs up quicker than I expected and has a fair bit of midrange pull compared to before (granted it was probalby running crappy before). They're fun little cars and have no trouble moving at all.

Garrett booster

I like My TBI winter beater cause it starts pretty quick and takes less tuning. Although when a carb is tuned right, it would probably start quickly

Quote Originally Posted by bfarroo View Post
    Seen a carb omni at the yard today. With a auto, that thing must really be a turd!
    my carburated omni ran low 11's in the ¼.