Thread: Mopar navigation radio

Mopar navigation radio

I have been thinking of buying an mopar navigation radio and am wondering if they will fit there seems to be two units one is VERY big the other might fit RB1 into an G BODY.

Now I know I will have to build a wirring harrens to wire it up but after that
    is there any thing else I would have to do.

paul b

]
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...spagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHRYS...spagenameZWDVW

Hybrid booster

Re: Mopar navigation radio

i have the second one on my 90 rc its a nice unit

the big one requires alot of wiring, it uses bus signals and such

boostaholic

That would fit in about anything wouldnt it? I have also messed around with those in cars at work and they are nice.

Over kill after you got the power / ground and speakers working I know there is a sensor that requires line of sight with the sky is that it ?
    paul B

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor shmedley's Avatar

The first one will not fit without a lot of mods, First off it is bigger then your stock radio. It's almost a double din if not a double din. Plus the wiring needs a can bus to even turn it on.

The second one is the same size as the stocker but mounts totally different. That should have a J1850 bus but if I remember right it did have a ignition line. I can look at some notes I have for them. Don't ask me how I know this... as I cant say for legal/job reasons but you can figure that part out, But trust me.

If you know some one at the dealer he can get you the Cd's to update the radio.
    Thanks Brad S. SDAC National Proud Member SDAC Chicago Proud Member 14 Ram 1500 86 Shelby Charger "Chicago Stock"

There is an adapter that has the grey and black plugs and goes to the big black 30 pin one or whatever. This adapter does jump a couple of wores together to get the radio to work. Talking about the small one here. And the discs dont really update the radio per se, the discs themselves are whats updated. The DVD's are like $200. Honestly unless you get one for a couple hundred they are a waste of money IMO. The discs are what have the info in them, the way they work the satellite just pin points your position and the unit tells you what to do. It is not continously updated via satellite. I work with a technician that has the newest disc in his and his road isnt on the disc. It has been there 6 years. On top of that I probably send back one a week. There are better am units for cheaper if you really want navigiation. My cell phone works good for me though.