Thread: Wanted windows 98 installation disk

Wanted windows 98 installation disk

First off, let me assure you that this is turbo dodge related. I have finally got around to getting my chip burning computer set up. I needed to reformat and reinstall windows, but you guessed it, I cant for the life of me find my old copy of windows 98. I got the computer from the school I went to for votech, so it had windows 98, but I couldnt log on as the admin due to the networking login on the computer. I wanted a clean start anyways. I have the product ID code from the case, so I dont really want to spend the money on a full copy when I already have a paid for user license. What Im looking for is just a copy of a windows 98 installition disk, or a real one if its priced right. Let me know what you've got and what your looking to get for it.

Thanks,

Ben Huebner
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

Re: Wanted windows 98 installation disk

PN your address so I don't miss it here. You can send $5.00 postage after you get it. I'll add win 95 for free. I know you are serious but I was just reading a thread about others spending thousands on new tv's. We ARE a diverse group.
    On a more humourous note if you come with a truck you can have 1,000 lbs of documention and a collection of Apple II computers for free.
    I suppose I'm am the fossil with the official TM Apple II museum. You can do the same for the IBM computers.
    I have the cd rom and the installation disk. As I recall, you need the disk to install the cd.

I have always thought the old computers were fun to play with. This old Compaq was a real bastard to reformat though. It has a hidden FAT12 partion that you need to redo after you reformat, or else you cant access the CMOS BIOS. What a Joke!, I should have known better than to take a free Compaq, but it was free none the less. The worst part is the Motherboard doesnt see hard drives larger than 3.2 gig. You dont have Oregon trail for that apple II do you? That used to be my favorite game.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

turbo addict

Lost Vikings