Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TU Performance Oil Pans

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Re: TU Performance Oil Pans

Quote Originally Posted by Mario
    Yeah. Check out my post in the Maintenance & General Tech forum.
    Cool, much different from their old offerings. Both seem like decent ways to keep oil where it belongs in your engine.

I'll probably calling Chris in a month or two for one his pans to put on my Shadow. I like the idea that I can just drop my pan and swap a ready to go one in it's place, no messing around with removing and re-torquing rod bolts or anything.

For the 2.2 currently on the stand going into my Rampage I'm not sure which route I'll take, but it sure is nice to have options...
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Quote Originally Posted by The S is Silent
    Chris, have you recieved the package I sent you?

I can't wait to get it back!
    Hi Matt,

Yes, it arrived safely last week. I wil let you know once the oil pan has been completed and when the pan and header are on their way back to you.

Thanks for your support!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Man, this extra capacity pan holds some oil! I've been pouring oil in for about a week now and it's just now showing on the stick...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][FONT=Comic Sans MS]'91 Shadow convertible 2.5 auto, three core RP IC, S60/.48 stg 1, ported two-piece intake/52mm TB, Menegon +1 swirl, 88 turbo cam, Venolias, Crower rods, TU deep sump pan, ported exhaust, 3" from SV to TP, Hughes TC, Peloquin diff, DSS L5 driveshafts, Shelgame cal, Koni struts/shocks. [/FONT]

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Austrian Dodge's Avatar

you're supposed to put the drain plug back in

just messin'

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    Man, this extra capacity pan holds some oil! I've been pouring oil in for about a week now and it's just now showing on the stick...
    Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Dodge View Post

just messin'
    That is funny

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Dodge View Post

just messin'
    Drain plug? Hmmm, there is a bit of a mess on the floor now that you mention it...

BTW, for those interested, the TU extra capacity pan takes 10 quarts, plus one for the Ford 5l filter.
    Last edited by John B; 05-06-2011 at 02:49 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][FONT=Comic Sans MS]'91 Shadow convertible 2.5 auto, three core RP IC, S60/.48 stg 1, ported two-piece intake/52mm TB, Menegon +1 swirl, 88 turbo cam, Venolias, Crower rods, TU deep sump pan, ported exhaust, 3" from SV to TP, Hughes TC, Peloquin diff, DSS L5 driveshafts, Shelgame cal, Koni struts/shocks. [/FONT]

turbo addict

BTW, for those interested, the TU extra capacity pan takes 10 quarts, plus one for the Ford 5l filter.
    Mine is going in soon. According to website it holds 2 extra quarts. You sure it's 10 total?

turbo addict

How about a pic of that bad boy!!!!

Mine holds about 6.5 but I'm going to see how full that makes the pan and might try to add more.
    Would any harm come from filling up to just below the Windage tray??
    At that level it wouldn't be touching the rotating assembly and the tray should stop it from sloshing up onto it
    you can't polish a turd! [COLOR="Red"][FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT][/COLOR]13.67@100.11

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    Mine is going in soon. According to website it holds 2 extra quarts. You sure it's 10 total?
    Unless I lost count! I'll count empties next trip to the garage and confirm.

turbo addict

My 2.5 CB blance shaft pan holds 8l on my 89 T2 CB motor so with the extra 2l sounds right.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 4cefedomni View Post
    Mine holds about 6.5 but I'm going to see how full that makes the pan and might try to add more.
    Would any harm come from filling up to just below the Windage tray??
    At that level it wouldn't be touching the rotating assembly and the tray should stop it from sloshing up onto it
    bring it up to the windage tray

OK, counted empties and there were ten. That brings it to the full mark on the stick before starting with a new dry engine and filter, so figure another quart by the time oil gets pumped to all the places it has to go.

10 quarts does seem a bit high. Keep in mind if you use the wrong dipstick it will provide incorrect full levels.

Before installing the pan it might be best to fill it with water and measure the amount to determine what will bring it just under the windage tray. Remember when the engine is running pan oil levels will be lower because you have a couple of quarts being dispersed throughout the engine.

Chris-TUClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1058.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	405.6 KB 
ID:	30793Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0991.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	30794
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    10 quarts does seem a bit high. Keep in mind if you use the wrong dipstick it will provide incorrect full levels.
    It's the original dip stick for the car/engine, ie, '91 commonblock. I have the balance shafts removed. Do I need a different dip-stick with the extra capacity oil pan?

It's the original dip stick for the car/engine, ie, '91 commonblock. I have the balance shafts removed. Do I need a different dip-stick with the extra capacity oil pan?
    No, you can use the same dipstick. Just mark it to the correct height after measuring the height per my previous post.

Chris-TU

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    No, you can use the same dipstick. Just mark it to the correct height after measuring the height per my previous post.

Chris-TU
    I already have the pan on. I guess it wouldn't hurt to run it at the "add oil" mark?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12