Thread: any interest in a a413 LSD?

any interest in a a413 LSD?

i have used peloquin diff in all of my VW trannys making over 400whp and customers cars without any failure, Now I contacted Gary peloquin about building me a drop in LSD for our drag car. and he said if the interest would be there he would go ahead and build some.

I sent him a older type Diff, and Dean stillie sent him a newer one for measurement. We spoke to him last week and things did not move a whole lot. so if you are interested please show your interest by contacting him.

http://peloquins.com/contact.html

would love to have one for mid season.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: any interest in a a413 LSD?

Nice, I believe this was brought up at TD a few years ago but as usual, nothing happened.
    What kind of money are we looking at? with the OBX being so cheap, you can have one installed with the adapter for under $500.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

yeah i heard about those. but we are comparing the same product here. it will be more around 700-800$ for that one. but then again will have to wait and see.

For those that are serious about making big HP, i think they would run a quality diff VS chinese one. that i have read many post that they break...

peloquin have been used on 700WHP VW with zero failure, to me that's worth the extra money, plus i have worked with these units, and i would not used anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by boostedgolf View Post
    yeah i heard about those. but we are comparing the same product here. it will be more around 700-800$ for that one. but then again will have to wait and see.

For those that are serious about making big HP, i think they would run a quality diff VS chinese one. that i have read many post that they break...

peloquin have been used on 700WHP VW with zero failure, to me that's worth the extra money, plus i have worked with these units, and i would not used anything else.
    For a bolt in, thats a great deal.

Where have you heard about the OBX's breaking? I tried this summer but ended up breaking everything BUT,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor powermaxx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boostedgolf View Post

I've been looking for a more drag race oriented LSD myself. I'm very interested in this.

I run the OBX in my GLHS but I don't care for the side to side movement on launch as the ATB does it's thing. (Better than on open diff )

I'll check this out, thanks for the link.

Side to side movement? never noticed that at all?

Quote Originally Posted by powermaxx View Post
    I've been looking for a more drag race oriented LSD myself. I'm very interested in this.

I run the OBX in my GLHS but I don't care for the side to side movement on launch as the ATB does it's thing. (Better than on open diff )

I'll check this out, thanks for the link.
    The peloquin will do the same thing its an atb too.Also I have 60 plus passes at over 400 whp on the obx 1.7 60ft's with a 3200 pound car and countless holeshots on the street with 0 failures.

The OBX has been fine in mine, ran a few high 9's with it with no problems.

Steve

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor powermaxx's Avatar

No spacer ring or case/diff cover clearancing required to mount his one.

id be interested

Hybrid booster

as long as you take the obx apart and fix the manufacturing defects it is an economical alternative to a quaife.

personally, i'm not impressed by wheel horsepower rating as how much torque an LSD can handle. torque is the force that breaks things!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by capev86 View Post
    as long as you take the obx apart and fix the manufacturing defects it is an economical alternative to a quaife.

personally, i'm not impressed by wheel horsepower rating as how much torque an LSD can handle. torque is the force that breaks things!
    AMEN! A little give is a good thing. Nothing worse than a shattered trans case because everything else didn't know when to give. It would be nice to have the prints to the OBX parts and farm them out here versus china though. I'm sure that would work. Doesn't the quaife have the same type of LSD setup as well?
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

The Peloquin is top quality and doesn't require a spacer. Both FWD and TU carry them for the 413.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][FONT=Comic Sans MS]'91 Shadow convertible 2.5 auto, three core RP IC, S60/.48 stg 1, ported two-piece intake/52mm TB, Menegon +1 swirl, 88 turbo cam, Venolias, Crower rods, TU deep sump pan, ported exhaust, 3" from SV to TP, Hughes TC, Peloquin diff, DSS L5 driveshafts, Shelgame cal, Koni struts/shocks. [/FONT]

these are now made and being sold http://www.peloquins.com/products_A413.html