Just finished the job.

First, the KD Tools spring compressor works pretty good. Have to think about it a bit when settin up the tool so the handle comes off the front of the head. And it doesn't snap and stay in place like my stud mount compressor, but it gets the job done.

Getting to the locks is a little tricky. A small telescoping magnet is really handy for removing and installing the locks.

After the valve cover is off, I REALLY REALLY REALLY recommend stuffing paper towels down in the head to cover the oil return holes. That way you won't be fishing a lock out of the oil pan like I hade to! DOH!! I thought it was beer time when that sucker fell down that hole. Drained the oil and managed to fish it out through the oil pan drain hole with the above mentioned magnet. Whew!!!

And now that the job is done....... car still smokes. I guess my spare turbo that I installed didn't like those first few 20 psi runs. That's when the car started to smoke again and it has just gotten progressively worse.

All in all, I wouldn't do this job again unless I knew 100% that the problem was definitely the valve seals and that the head was NOT coming off ever again.