Thread: FS: '90 Daytona Shelby (rolling shell)

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

FS: '90 Daytona Shelby (rolling shell)

Before I change my mind . . .

1990 Daytona Shelby. Originally a VNT/568 car, loaded. It is a sunroof car. Car was originally black, was repainted Viper Red a couple years ago. Door jambs and everything were done, you have to really look to find evidence of the original color. Paint job is probably a 7.5 out of 10, there's some minor sanding marks in the hood, and some scuffs and spiderwebs on the nose. The nose is currently inside the car. Small dent on the driver's door and one on each fender.

Interior: Light Grey. VERY nice carpet, but that's the highlight. Seats are gone, driver's armrest is shot, center console is loose, but looks okay, no stereo, no rear carpet, no hatch cover. The floormat in the picture is the only one there. Shifter knob is pretty worn, shifter boot is pretty decent. I think everything else is there, but haven't really tried putting it all together.

Under the hood: There's a brake booster and master cylinder. That's about it. No wiring, no radiator, etc. I did purchase a '90 TI wiring harness which will be included. It is complete, less the alternator and starter sub-harnesses. I also have the front and side motor mount assemblies. I thought I had a deal on a tranny mount, but it never came. Under the hood was painted along with the rest of the car and looks pretty good, although the firewall is still the original black on the bottom half.

Underneath: Very minor SURFACE rust on the driver's floorpan and rear wheel wells. Nothing even close to penetration. Seriously, wire brush it off, spray some Rustoleum on, and be done. Struts and shocks are KYB GR2s. Brakes, spindles, springs and control arms are off of a '92 R/T. <--Yes, that means it has the cast control arms. Could really use new rotors.

Wheels: Currently sits on 15" pumpers with shot tires just to roll around. I do have a set of 16" pumpers with 225/50/16 Goodyear Eagle F1's and six (6) CS center caps that could come with the car for an additional cost. They are not for sale seperately.

Additional items included, but not installed: The above mentioned wiring harness, and a '90 TI SBEC. Both were from 2.5/5-speed cars according to the people I bought them from. I also have a stock 1.25" front sway bar (no bushings), one decent leather wrapped steering wheel, and one incredibly nice leather wrapped steering wheel (one in the car is shot). I also have a complete tail light assembly from a '92 Daytona, also in red, but not a matching red. I also have a stock SRT-4 shifter I can throw in.

I also have a '91 568 tranny, also for an additional charge. Minor grinding in 3rd gear, but worked great. Not for sale seperately.

And pictures:

I can get pics of anything else by request. I thought I had pics of the floorpans, but I can't find them. I'm sure those will be among the first requested.

The terms: I picked this car up in March and had it shipped from Sedalia, MO. It has been in dry storage since. I have a fair amount invested in collecting the additional parts for it as well. Not even counting shipping and storage fees I'll be taking a loss at the price.

Option 1: Buy it outright for $700 firm. Unless you have anything I could really use for the Turbo Z, GLHS, or SC, then we can talk, but otherwise the price is firm. It may seem like a lot for a project car, but considering the starting point, I think it's fair. I looked at a LOT of Daytonas before I decided on this one. If it doesn't sell, I guess I'll just have to build it.

Option 2: I am willing to trade it for an equivalant condition '88-'89 Daytona Shelby Z/Shelby. This means NO RUST and GOOD PAINT. Why? Because I have the wiring, interior, and everything for these years. I may consider an '87 if its a really good deal, or I may consider an '87 or '88 CSX. The P-bodies will have to have complete interiors and wiring though.

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Re: FS: '90 Daytona Shelby (rolling shell)

Too bad you weren't closer...or actually, too bad *I* wasn't in Maine.

Bump for an excellent project car.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....