Thread: MPTUNE - Enable AC

Mitsu booster

MPTUNE - Enable AC

Hi All,

I have a 1985 GLH that has been converted to GLHS T2 specs. I recently charged my AC and when I did that I was using a MP GLHS Stage 2 computer. When that computer is installed, the AC works as expected. However, when I swap computers that uses MPTUNE the AC compressor never kicks on. I am using GLHS Stage 2 code (86_22_t2_640_glhs_stgii) to tune the car and not Turbonator. If there a specific setting in MPTUNE that enables AC? I see that there is an AC Control section in the template, but all the settings seem "ok".

Thanks
    Mike

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: MPTUNE - Enable AC

Under "Utility" there are AC related tables in TLM. The T-SMEC cals have a check box for AC installed under the setup--> configuration flags menu. I'm wondering if there is something in the ASM file that you need to adjust?

Mitsu booster

I was actually thinking the same thing, but I have yet to find anything.

Garrett booster

After a quick look all the AC control still seems to be intact in T-LMv13.asm and the values in the TPL look OK.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

yeah it looks like there isnt the option to enable AC in the non-turbonator MPTune cals for some reason. not sure why.

you may want to get your hands on an 87 ecu and move some pins around so you can run the Turbonator LM version of the stage 2 cal.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Mitsu booster

Well it looks like a LM issue. I had another socketed LM and loaded the GLHS stage 2 code on it just like the other LM and it worked. So it appears something within the LM is causing the AC not to work. Always “fun” dealing with 30+ old electronics 😀. Thanks for the helps guys

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86sc View Post
    Well it looks like a LM issue. I had another socketed LM and loaded the GLHS stage 2 code on it just like the other LM and it worked. So it appears something within the LM is causing the AC not to work. Always “fun” dealing with 30+ old electronics 😀. Thanks for the helps guys
    That is a very interesting failure. It would be very cool to see what is causing the issue.

I've been having a lot of trouble with LMs for a while now. I'm in the process of converting Joy's Daytona to Microsquirt. If that goes well, it might be a theme for my LM cars. Everything else is still going very strong though.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86sc View Post
    the logic module control the Fan relay and WOT ac cutout switch. perhaps the transistor that controls these could be bad on the defective LM.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.