Thread: " Mopar" worthy.?

Mitsu booster

" Mopar" worthy.?

Old guy at a car show this past weekend stopped to look at our Daytona. We talked a bit and he said, "you know us Mopar guys don't really claim these as Mopars.." LOL.! After a brief discussion I realized I wasn't gonna educate him. So I walked back to my chair. Sat down and told my son, I guess if we would have trailered it behind our Ram, or brought the Challenger, or maybe even one of the Jeeps.. we might be considered Mopar guys.. 😆 🤣 😂
    You never know what people are gonna say.. Especially with one of these cars.
    Last edited by 87_turbo_#2; 04-18-2023 at 02:43 PM.

turbo addict

Re: " Mopar" worthy.?

Learned a long time ago that some people just can't wrap their head around a FWD car being ANY type of performance car. I could tell you many stories about those sort of people that after antagonizing and taunting me at the shows and on the street, they were taught a lesson, many times with all sort of people witnessing them getting whipped. All they see is nothing but GLH taillights (lol). 440 GTX's, 340 & 440 Challengers and Cuda's, BBC Corvettes, countless Camaro's and Mustang's, M3 BMW's, Vipers, etc. I don't go looking to embarrass "muscle cars" but I also don't discriminate which ones are going to get their feelings hurt. Like Reeves has said, it really hurts when that second set of doors goes by you (lol).
    I've been showing my GLHT's, Shelby Chargers, and ES & Shelby Shadows at national car shows almost since they were new. I never surprises me the things that come flying out of people's mouths. Ignorance is bliss as they say.
    Todd

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I'm with you guys. The number of people who don't understand the cars, and how Shelby felt about them is astonishing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    Learned a long time ago that some people just can't wrap their head around a FWD car being ANY type of performance car. I could tell you many stories about those sort of people that after antagonizing and taunting me at the shows and on the street, they were taught a lesson, many times with all sort of people witnessing them getting whipped. All they see is nothing but GLH taillights (lol). 440 GTX's, 340 & 440 Challengers and Cuda's, BBC Corvettes, countless Camaro's and Mustang's, M3 BMW's, Vipers, etc. I don't go looking to embarrass "muscle cars" but I also don't discriminate which ones are going to get their feelings hurt. Like Reeves has said, it really hurts when that second set of doors goes by you (lol).
    I've been showing my GLHT's, Shelby Chargers, and ES & Shelby Shadows at national car shows almost since they were new. I never surprises me the things that come flying out of people's mouths. Ignorance is bliss as they say.
    Todd
    Yup ,I remember when they used to say "flatheads forever"
    best 1/8 ET-6.16 sec. best 1/8 speed-119.70 Best 1/4 MPH 145.5, Best 1/4 ET 9.65 sec. 8 valve NO NITROUS!!

Mitsu booster

That's really funny. I can't imagine actually racing a fwd against those cars back then, had to have been a blast... My first Daytona was an 87 I got in 94.. it was a base model automatic and t1.. it was not so quick off the line, but do remember it took a while for the speedometer to lift back off the peg when I'd let off the skinny pedal..! Good times, thank God we all survived those days.!

Mitsu booster

And.. I have to admit, this current car makes me smile every time I drive it. Hard to say that about many cars today.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by 87_turbo_#2 View Post
    and.. I have to admit, this current car makes me smile every time i drive it. Hard to say that about many cars today.
    exactly
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH