If you are on Facebook then you probably know who I am, If not I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nick Rutledge, Im located in Oklahoma, and this is my build long of my 1989 Caravan I like to call The Instigator!

I remember being 14-15 years old and seeing a video on the interwebs of a woodgrain Turbo Caravan putting some cars on a Z28 at the drag strip. This was back in the day of limewire, kazaa, or napster. Im not even sure if Youtube was a thing yet. I used to watch racing videos for hrs at a time.

It blew my mind something you would never think could be fast was outrunning, what I considered, one of the fast street cars of its era. Of all the other vehicles out there this was the most awesome thing I had seen. I watched this video all the time and showed anyone who would watch, actually when I picked this van up my sister spouted off " I remember you watching that video over and over and would just laugh" I was set to own one of these vans one day.

Fast forward almost 20 years and I finally became the owner of an 89 Turbo Caravan. With 145k on the clock.

June 19, 2021 im out at the local race spot just talking with some buddies and the mention of a sleeper comes up. I bring up the Caravans and the memories just start flowing back. I was dead set to buy one. I started searching the internet that night and couldnt find one to save my life but then I stumble upon a craigslist ad for one in Southern California. I send out an email and wait a couple day before I get a reply. I start talking with the owner and after a few days I buy a plane ticket and Friday July 2, 2021 I made my way to California from Oklahoma.

I didn't even test drive the van, I just chatted with the previous owner for a few, gave him his money, and was on my way back to Oklahoma. 1300 miles later I make it home and Im ready to start modding the van.

My end goal was to run a high 10-low 11 with the full interior and still be able to drive the van wherever Id like. I started with a base line 1/4 mile run and baseline hp/tq numbers.
She ran 17.66@77mph and made 129.09Hp@4780 160.37Tq@3240

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for the rest.