Thread: 1989 Voyager 2.5T Automatic - "Vanna"

Threaded View

Mitsu booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

1989 Voyager 2.5T Automatic - "Vanna"

Hello fellow TM enthusiasts. In June I got struck a second time in one year with Turbo fever. Found "Vanna", a '89 Turbo Voyager Auto, one owner, 190K in Denver. Kind of unusual, it has the rallye dash, but manual windows/locks. It spent its life as "Gpa's" van. Gifted to Grandson and he did not have ability to keep it on the road. He knew it had some value to TM enthusiasts, and I just happened to be first in line.

Overall, the body is in great shape, a few dings in sliding door, and one rust spot at passenger rear wheel well. The rest of her, needs alot of help, especially needed a deep clean. The engine bay has never been cleaned, and there were layers of oil and grease. Interior is in good shape, just very dirty. Seems someone used the interior for a machine shop, there were layers of oil and metal dust everywhere. Headliner gives you a new hairstyle when you go for a drive.

Mechanically, not so hot. The brakes go to the floor, it wants to switch lanes when it hits a bump in the road. The power was pretty flat, but mileage was good on trip home, 21-22 mpg.

Originally I picked it up as I wanted to do a full 2.5 transplant to "Reba", my '84 Rampage. On the drive home, I had a change of heart, "Vanna' was too good to tear down, she still had some life to give.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WtJzI8x.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	1,014.3 KB 
ID:	66053   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xXOpyxt.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	892.7 KB 
ID:	66054   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QapQWaK.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	555.7 KB 
ID:	66055