Well I went through the usual diagnostic tests but I’m stuck on this one. 87 reliant 2.2 TBI automatic. I’ve been daily driving this for work the last couple months because of diesel prices, so I don’t want to drive the truck back and forth at $6.50 a gallon. Left for work last night and made it only 2 blocks from the house before it stalled at the stop sign. No time to mess with it, so I walked back home jumped in the truck and went to work.

Earlier today I went back down with some tools and started messing with it. Fuel pump primes, it’ll fire for a second, then stalls. Will not fire again unless you let it sit a while.

I pulled the regulator and there’s fuel there. Briefly cycled the key and it’s pumping fuel no problem. Ohm’d the injector coil and it’s 1.4-1.5 ohms. Jumped 12 voltsdirect to the coil and it clicks and you can see it spray down the throttle body. Then probed the injector connector and cranked it. It was bouncing around (as I would expect it to since I would imagine it runs a PWM signal) but was in the neighborhood of 1.5-2 volts. Car will start on ether and continue to run if you keep feeding it ether.

only thing I can think is I’m not getting an accurate reading on the voltage going to the injector using the normal DMM. Any suggestions are appreciated!