Hey guys,

I'm hoping somebody might have some experience with this, or a solution.

Engine: 1989 TII

I've been chasing a misfire or "burble" that only happens during idle, or no load cruise.

I discovered that my TPS reads 1.23v at closed throttle, but it should be between .3v-.9v.

I ordered an original Mopar TPS from Marty and popped that one on, it ALSO read 1.23v.

At this point I thought perhaps my idle screw had been messed with at some point in the car's life, resulting in the throttle being slightly too open when resting.

I went through NAJ's throttle body cleaning and base idle calibration steps. I had a multi-meter backprobing the TPS while doing these steps, and I was never able to bring the voltage within range. The engine died while attempting this (backing the idle screw off). I even just left the key on to get a voltage reading and backed the idle screw out until it was no longer making any adjustment to the throttle plate at all, and voltage was still too high.

Went through the base idle procedure again to make sure my AIS was calibrated. But, we're back to where I started.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why my TPS voltage is running too high. I do have a FWD Stage III calibration, and I'm starting to wonder if that's the problem. Unfortunately, I don't have any other SMEC to try.

Please tell me somebody has a solution for me..I feel like I've exhausted all of the options I'm aware of. This issue is driving me insane lol.

Thanks,
-Zach