I have a 1987 Shelby CSX. The engine has a ported head, mildly ported header, full 3" exhaust, some boost modifications, is using the Mopar Performance ECU originally sold by Shelby, the P4529495 +20% 42lb injectors, adjustable FP regulator set for 25 psi at idle. I live in FL. The car starts right up runs fine most of the time EXCEPT for the following:

If I'm driving around with the car at operating temperature and do a quick stop (say for gas) on a hot day, the car has a VERY hard time starting. I have to floor the gas and crank forever before it catches. Then after it catches, I have to sit there and nurse the idle for about 2 minutes. Now, if I do the same as above, but instead stop for a longer time (like an hour), the car starts right up without any of the idle hassles. The temperature sensors are all good and there are no trouble codes being set. I think what's happening is that there is too much fuel at hot start up on a hot day because of the larger injectors. Once the car is running and the closed feedback loop programming comes into effect, the ECU is able to reduce the injector pulsewidth and all is good.

Does anybody have any other ideas or suggestions as to what might be happening and how to reduce or minimize this hot starting problem? I could just go back to the smaller stock T2 33lb injectors but I would rather not as I believe the car needs the extra fuel with the current mods. What do you guys think? And thanks in advance!