Thread: MP Flash switch setups

turbo addict

MP Flash switch setups

Does anyone have examples of the switch setup they've built for their switch to change between calibrations? I've been kicking around the idea of using a smallish project box to house the switch and a plug in for the laptop to connect to. Then have the wiring for the mpflash and the flash cable permanently ran from the box to the SBEC, with the box mounted in the glove box. Im not on FB anymore to follow along with anything that may have been posted over there. Any ideas or leads on known good switches are appreciated!
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MP Flash switch setups

Quote Originally Posted by 86Shelby View Post
    Does anyone have examples of the switch setup they've built for their switch to change between calibrations? I've been kicking around the idea of using a smallish project box to house the switch and a plug in for the laptop to connect to. Then have the wiring for the mpflash and the flash cable permanently ran from the box to the SBEC, with the box mounted in the glove box. Im not on FB anymore to follow along with anything that may have been posted over there. Any ideas or leads on known good switches are appreciated!
    There are many different kinds of switch that are possible with MPFlash. Last year, I use a two switch in the classic binary config as per
    0,0 is position 1
    0,1 is position 2
    1,0 is position 3
    1,1 is position 4
    Here is Wayne's video explaining how to use it. This is by far the cheapest and easiest way to do what is needed. Perhaps understanding binary logic is the toughest part.
    A month ago I just assembled a push button that changes a digit from 0-9 on a switch, it looks great and shows you what bin number you are using. Another option is a rotary switch with also works great and you can tell with tune you are running. Both of these options are not cheap, you can make it yourself or purchase premade.
    https://www.conrad.com/p/hartmann-pi...decimal-701092 is what it will look like. Don't buy this switch, the picture is for reference only
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Re: MP Flash switch setups

Sorry I missed this entirely.
    As Miles said the twin toggle switches is by far the easiest to do yourself
    Also we have a push wheel switch a wire available should you choose that solution.
    We did look at a couple rotary switches, but the push wheel is a more period correct look.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini