Thread: 1986 LeBaron Wagon

Threaded View

Garrett booster

1986 LeBaron Wagon

So last year I scooped up a turbo wagon for the sweet price of FREE from an older lady down in Virginia with plans to put it together for my wife to drive (so she can stop taking my SRT swapped wagon from me during the summer). It needed a good bit of work, and has quite a bit of "custom" body work done to it (the lady didn't own a vehicle with any straight panels), and had a dead alternator. Turns out, it had quite a bit more electrical gremlins than I had originally thought. 2 alternators, 2 voltage regulators, and some head banging later I have it charging just fine. Put some used Auto Zone Daytona rear springs on it and Napa shocks on the back to replace the broken/frozen/blown rear air shocks and it rides pretty nice, although quite a bit nose high now. I plan on putting 2gn neon front struts on the front to bring the nose down and doing a DIY fix for the window regulators up front and seeing if I can get the AC system to hold a charge. I'm going to delete the cat since it's smelling pretty bad, and build a cheap exhaust system because she likes to hear turbo noises, and eventually I plan to turn the boost up some. I know performance is going to be limited with the log setup but should be pretty fun as it is for her, and hopefully save some cost on fuel vs the 6.2 gas f250 she's been driving.

Eventually I'm going to order all 4 brake hoses, a new fuel filter, and a couple rolls of polyarmor lines to replace all the brake and fuel lines since they're pretty crusty. Other than the passenger rocker panel, and the dirty interior, the car is in remarkably good shape and only has 121K miles.

When I get out of work I'll upload some images, I just thought about it while I had some free time sitting here at work. Thanks for all the help you guys have given me over the years. You all have helped more than you'll ever know.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually just found this one, hood is partially popped in here, but it is also slightly bent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wagon.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	978.8 KB 
ID:	65844