Thread: Unable to tune with MPTUNE

Unable to tune with MPTUNER

Get error message , no valid table file exists.....But both files a right next to each other in the SAME folder?

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I had it working recently...???..
    Last edited by trannybuster; 03-20-2022 at 10:32 PM.

Re: Unable to tune with MPTUNE

BTW I run Mptuner and open file containing calibration, however neither .tbl nor .bin files will even shows. Pretty much opening a folder that contains nothing but using windows explorer it clearly shows BOTH files are there...!!?? Ridiculous....

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by trannybuster View Post
    BTW I run Mptuner and open file containing calibration, however neither .tbl nor .bin files will even shows. Pretty much opening a folder that contains nothing but using windows explorer it clearly shows BOTH files are there...!!?? Ridiculous....

This sounds like a lack of understanding how file extension works in Windows.

As for your other issue, there is not much to go on other than "it worked and now it doesn't work." Very difficult to troubleshoot without more information. I'd suggest you zip up that entire folder, upload it and allow other to download it see if other people can open it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	65840  

Yeah my 'issue explanation' is..lacking. Tried attaching a snipping image but could not attach it...must be a lack of permissions IDK.After work tonight Ill shed some ample light on my ongoing frustration. As for file extension understanding...Im solid. Windows in itself is very annoying...why change !@#^ that work for years..?...lol..Siemens Unigraphics pulled the SAME THING..ugh LOL. Thanks thus far!

Yeah my 'issue explanation' is..lacking. Tried attaching a snipping image but could not attach it...must be a lack of permissions IDK.After work tonight Ill shed some ample light on my ongoing frustration. As for file extension understanding...Im solid. Windows in itself is very annoying...why change !@#^ that work for years..?...lol..Siemens Unigraphics pulled the SAME THING..ugh LOL. Thanks thus far!
    https://photobucket.com/u/k7t266a/p/...7-e60d21f5975d

hopefully the URL can be opened by everyone...??.???...total of 5 pics
    Last edited by trannybuster; 03-22-2022 at 12:29 AM.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

it appears you are trying to open a non-turbonator cal. i.e. an old bin file used with dcal or chem. to use with mptune you will need to convert the tbl file to the new format. and even then ALOT of the old table definitions were incomplete or missing.

mptune works with either turbonator template files (end in .tpl) or bin files (.bin AND .mpt).
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

^Okay, Ill dig into this....driving me crazy when there is a .tbl file but it doesnt see it, like WTF, EVEN if it doesnt work with it, I 'assumed' it should/would display any file in the folder. Definitely reached and surpassed the definition of insanity!!

Wowzer,
    Best option to tune 86 2.2 T1 891rom..? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    it appears you are trying to open a non-turbonator cal. i.e. an old bin file used with dcal or chem. to use with mptune you will need to convert the tbl file to the new format. and even then ALOT of the old table definitions were incomplete or missing.

mptune works with either turbonator template files (end in .tpl) or bin files (.bin AND .mpt).

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

^Okay, Ill dig into this....driving me crazy when there is a .tbl file but it doesnt see it, like WTF, EVEN if it doesnt work with it, I 'assumed' it should/would display any file in the folder. Definitely reached and surpassed the definition of insanity!!
    it will only display files that it works with. no reason to show stuff that is not needed.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    it will only display files that it works with. no reason to show stuff that is not needed.
    Pretty old reply but....better late than never=Thanks for info Wowzer, have it running pretty decently now. Definitely no expert so Im sure FwdP or TurboU will see some new sales of replacement parts lol...thanks again. Side not.... sure sucks Moates shut there doors!!!