Thread: GLHS #077 Project Log

Hybrid booster

GLHS #077 Project Log

Hey everyone. I figured I would start this thread to document work done on GLHS #077. I find it hard to follow and find things with Facebook and I wish the forums were more active so here I am. I am the new owner of the car previously owned by Will M. and Chris L. I added another one to Doug's Home for Wayward Dodge Omni's

I don't have too much info of the history of the car. Will was saying that it had issues in the upper rpm and would not run very well. I just excited to have a Omni with nice paint finally! Here are some pictures!

First test drive I had a pretty substantial fuel leak at the aftermarket fuel rail. The threads on the end look a little rough and the NPT fitting in there was very loose. #1 spark plug wire popped off. I was headed back to the shop after that!

We pulled the fuel rail and decided since the car is new to me that it would be wise to get the injectors cleaned and tested. Here are the results.

Does anyone know who made this fuel rail? I am hoping I can chase the threads and continue the shake down.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor GLHS60's Avatar

Re: GLHS #077 Project Log

Looking fine !!

It's good you found the fuel leak, especially with a spark plug wire off.

Thanks
    Randy

There is no logical reason to call an Engine a motor.

Randy Hicks
    86 GLHS60
    86 GLHS 373 : SOLD, but never forgotten
    89 Turbo Minivan
    83 Turbo Rampage : SOLD
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada

turbo addict

presuming it was the previous owner but if those gauges stuck in the dash pad bother you any there is a way to make that look better
    you need the top portion od a shadow center stack faceplate and the shadow boost gauge

there's enough room in the pad to take the gauge and recess of the faceplate but you only cut away enough to push the faceplate in

if done right you don't need anything to hold it in place .. dash pad skin grabs it if trimmed tight

car looks great .. nice score!!

Hybrid booster

Happy Thanksgiving!

I finally had a dry day to go test the car a little bit. I was able to replicate the issue Will, the previous owner was having. At full throttle around 5k it starts to break up and stop pulling, partial throttle car pulls strong. The car has a a/f gauge and a fuel pressure gauge. A/F says its running rich fuel pressure seems OK. It is running 17 PSI with a granger valve, and 12 PSI with it removed. No change in break up issue when the granger was removed.

So far I have fixed the fuel leak and reset the adjustable FPR.
    I reset base timing to 12. It was running around 8-9.

Here are the current codes.

13 Map sensor
    22 Coolant temperature sensor
    31 Purge canister/EGR solenoid
    33 AC

The car has been swapped to to SMEC.

So far the car is pretty fun, the LSD seems to work well in the car. I have no idea what kind of unit is is but it feels better than the OBX unit that I have had in the past.
    The diagnose continues

turbo addict

I had a shelby z with a stumble / cut out during hard pulls
    found the reason quite by accident when one day I bumped the coil wire on the inner fender..while idling at home..car stumbled

checking I found the terminal on the wire end didn't fit the coil properly so when inertia pulled on the wire the connection at the coil got screwed