Thread: Repost FS: 1989 Chrysler LeBaron GTC Turbo II 5spd Convertible

Mitsu booster

SOLD!!!Repost FS: 1989 Chrysler LeBaron GTC Turbo II 5spd Convertible

Date: 21st September 2021
    Username: BoostCreep70
    Full Name:
    City, State, Zip:Homewood, Illinois
    Contact: (your choice of listing e-mail and phone. you must provide phone number via at least PM if potential buyer wants to verify.)
    Selling or Wanted Price: (any applicable merchant fees must be included in this and not in addition)

Description: Be very descriptive and accurate of the items to be sold or those wanted.

For those selling, a photo showing the items you have for sale/trade needs to have a piece of paper with your username and date included in the photo.

The above details are not optional. This is to protect buyers... just put yourself in their shoes.

Hello all,

So after a rather lengthy process that stretched the span of six weeks, My LeBaron Turbo GTC 5spd Convertible was up for auction on Bring A Trailer (BaT). The auction ended yesterday with a winner and after contacting the winner yesterday and attempting to finalize plans for payment and shipping, the winner of the auction backed out of the deal this morning. That's considered a big No-No on bring a trailer, so I'm letting them take care of that end of the business and in the meantime, I thought I would post the link here on turbo-mopar in the event somebody might be interested inquiring as it is still available now!

Here is the link to the auction and its comments:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...er-le-baron-3/

Todd Nelson was nice enough to repost his original ad with a link to this very auction earlier this week and he is aware of the auction debacle. Certainly disappointing but you have to expect these things do happen occasionally... More disappointing was that the auction was actually very spirited and people are actually very nice throughout the commentary so, in conclusion, I now present to you an opportunity for this very car to be purchased by someone who might really appreciate it here! Just PM me if interested. It's a really nice car and it is very very well sorted. Thank you!

Cheers, BoostCreep70
    Last edited by BoostCreep70; 09-26-2021 at 08:14 AM.

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Repost FS: 1989 Chrysler LeBaron GTC Turbo II 5spd Convertible

Beautiful car! That's unfortunate about the results of the auction. Is there an option to offer to the next lowest bidder like Ebay?

Reminder though, you need to post something for a price here per the forum rules.

Good luck with sale.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by BoostCreep70 View Post
    Date: 21st September 2021
    Username: BoostCreep70
    Full Name:
    City, State, Zip:Homewood, Illinois
    Contact: (your choice of listing e-mail and phone. you must provide phone number via at least PM if potential buyer wants to verify.)
    Selling or Wanted Price: (any applicable merchant fees must be included in this and not in addition)

Description: Be very descriptive and accurate of the items to be sold or those wanted.

For those selling, a photo showing the items you have for sale/trade needs to have a piece of paper with your username and date included in the photo.

The above details are not optional. This is to protect buyers... just put yourself in their shoes.

Hello all,

So after a rather lengthy process that stretched the span of six weeks, My LeBaron Turbo GTC 5spd Convertible was up for auction on Bring A Trailer (BaT). The auction ended yesterday with a winner and after contacting the winner yesterday and attempting to finalize plans for payment and shipping, the winner of the auction backed out of the deal this morning. That's considered a big No-No on bring a trailer, so I'm letting them take care of that end of the business and in the meantime, I thought I would post the link here on turbo-mopar in the event somebody might be interested inquiring as it is still available now!

Here is the link to the auction and its comments:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...er-le-baron-3/

Todd Nelson was nice enough to repost his original ad with a link to this very auction earlier this week and he is aware of the auction debacle. Certainly disappointing but you have to expect these things do happen occasionally... More disappointing was that the auction was actually very spirited and people are actually very nice throughout the commentary so, in conclusion, I now present to you an opportunity for this very car to be purchased by someone who might really appreciate it here! Just PM me if interested. It's a really nice car and it is very very well sorted. Thank you!

Cheers, BoostCreep70

Mitsu booster

BaT does offer the opportunity for a second chance to the next highest bidder once it is fully established that the winner of the auction will not proceed per the agreement to purchase if you are the winner. So I am waiting to hear from them but in the meantime I still would like to sell the car and get it to a good home. Honest to goodness this thing is amazing and hopefully somebody will really snap it up quickly because you'd be hard-pressed to find something with the proper and tasteful modifications that make it so quick and the originality that makes it look so nice!

My Asking Price Is $8,750. Obviously, this Negotiable.

This is a sweet deal for anyone. No disappointments here whatsoever! You could drive across the country with it tonight, without worry, if you wanted to! If anyone has serious interest, feel free to call me 203-231-6637. The GTC and I are located in NE Illinois. Thanks!
    Last edited by BoostCreep70; 09-23-2021 at 01:48 AM.

Mitsu booster

I converted my original auction ad to a CL posting earlier this eve.

Here is the link:

https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/c...384191036.html

Mitsu booster

Pending Sale! That was quick!😎

Mitsu booster

Sold!!!

It's kind of funny that this car is back for sale again for the third time.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...er-le-baron-6/
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

turbo addict

Ben the last guy that bought it was just a flipper. The car is a very nice car, it just needs a owner that really wants it. I knew the car would eventually resurface for sale again. Instead of getting some small areas repaired, it looks to me like it has suffered some more small dings, scratches, and such. I love to read the comments from the peanut gallery on these cars. Some of them feel the need to comment, but clearly have no clue what they're talking about. I actually think this last owner is presenting the car far worse than the the previous owners.
    Anyway, it should be interesting to see where the auction ends up.
    Todd

turbo addict

Sold for 6K. Flipper car guy bought it like a year ago for about 2k more. Stuck some more money into it, then sold it for about a $3k loss.

turbo addict

there's a black lebaron convert parked in a driveway not far from me.. been there since 2000-ish
    large expensive in it's day house .. so the car ain't yard trash ..
    THAT's probably the guy who would actually want it..for keepsies

Todd,

It's funny how these non TD guys will buy one of these cars, realize they're in way over their heads and then sell them for a loss. I feel people like that are driving the price of these cars up, which I don't care for, but I can understand why some people like it. I hope it went to someone who will keep it and enjoy it. I'll probably end up scratching my convertible itch with an 89 TC that I will swap over to a manual. I just need to find a really clean one for cheap that has some mechanical issues.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by TopDollar69 View Post
    Todd,

It's funny how these non TD guys will buy one of these cars, realize they're in way over their heads and then sell them for a loss. I feel people like that are driving the price of these cars up, which I don't care for, but I can understand why some people like it. I hope it went to someone who will keep it and enjoy it. I'll probably end up scratching my convertible itch with an 89 TC that I will swap over to a manual. I just need to find a really clean one for cheap that has some mechanical issues.
    Yes Ben I agree. The prime example of that was the guy that bought Steve K.'s 88 CSX-T at the BJ auction for $24K about a decade ago. A year later he sells it for half of that!
    The chances of finding a low mileage TC with mechanical issues are pretty high. Those Teves brakes were the Achilles heel of those TC's. Sort of Ironic, as the 89 GTC had perhaps one of the best brake packages ever bolted to a Chrysler FWD car. They continually failed leaving a rock hard brake pedal. Pretty much made the car undriveable. As a result, lots of them sitting broken down in garages scattered all over the US. Just need to find a 89, so you have the more desirable turbo engine. Then while the tranny is getting replaced with a manual, you pull out the entire Teves brake system out of the car. Then you have a reliable fun car to drive.
    Todd
    Last edited by 4 l-bodies; 11-02-2022 at 05:28 PM.