Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
I've used both stainless and high strength metric bolts. Both with about equal results. There is one swingvalve bolt that penetrates the housing, if any are gonna snap off it always seems to be that one. Stainless obviously doesn't corrode like mild steel, but isn't anywhere near as hard as the other style of bolts. IMO, just make sure you use a good high temp antiseize on the bolts, and don't overtighten. Also run a clean sharp tap through the housing threads. Hopefully that was done on your new housing, but better to check it now, while turbo is on bench.
Also run a 18 X 1.5 tap through that o2 sensor bung. They always get lots a debris in the threads. Makes for changing o2 sensors a snap down the road.
Todd
Yup, Chris's shop went through the exhaust housing and all the threads look prime in there.

I've already successfully removed all of the SV bolts from my original turbo actually, it's just that their threading has degraded enough where I don't feel comfortable reusing them.

I do have some quality nickel antiseize that will definitely be used for this.

About that 02 sensor..I spent a good amount of time trying to wrestle that sensor out. I torched it, been hitting it with the PB Blaster, and have been 'pinging' it with a wrench and hammer. It's not coming out lol

But, I have an AEM wideband that can simulate a narrow band output. If the stock 02 ever quits, I'll just wire the line from the AEM.