NHRA checklist for Stock Eliminator.
First, I am so enjoying reading through this forum. This place was much like the diesel forums, a great place to gather and meet friends. I am learning so much with just the search button.

I know that many of the answers have changed over time. I am going full tilt with running one of these cars in Stock Eliminator. Our girl is aging out of her Jr dragster. I have a Top Dragster I considered putting her in, but I do not want to waste her skill on a button car. The talent it takes to race off the bottom bulb on a foot brake is something that 90% of the current racer will never master.

I have received a lot of help already from a few members here, and I can not express my gratitude to those individuals. I have raced in many NHRA categories from the very advanced, to stock.
So here are some items I'm looking for answers to. I have spent more than a few hours on the phone with NHRA, and without telling them too much, learned the firm boundary and also the gray areas and the ambiguous areas.

1st I want to make the car repeatable. I believe that the starting line is critical. It is important to have the RPM and boost exactly the same every time she lets off the foot brake. How is everyone setting up a 2 step ( starting line rev limiter)? What ignition box? I will use a brake pressure switch off the master cylinder to trigger it. I also want to limit boost off starting line to have a smooth repeatable launch. Not necessarily low boost but have it exactly the same each time. I will eventually go to a Holley ECM. If these cars are as fast as I believe, then it's critical to not kill the NHRA HP factor of 165 hp on 1989 non-intercooled 2.5. Rather than killing the top-end performance and critical MPH needed in bracket racing. My thoughts are somehow limit boost for a given time frame.
thanks in advance for the answers