Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Where can I get a modded ecu chip?

  1. #1
    Hybrid booster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Atlantic Canada
    Posts
    317

    Where can I get a modded ecu chip?

    I already contacted FWD-P and received no reply(yes I know they are partly retired). I need a 22psi chip for my 88 Daytona Shelby Z (stock garret). I have a 3 bar map, +40's, 50/50 meth/water injection and wisco pistons. 1mm oversized valves and 2.5" free flowing exhaust with ported exhaust manifold. Don't want any cold idle. Thanks for help.

  2. #2
    Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tuscola, IL
    Posts
    20,677

    Re: Where can I get a modded ecu chip?

    Have you thought about rolling your own? I think it would be frustrating to do a cal for that combination through the mail.

  3. #3
    Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,584

    Re: Where can I get a modded ecu chip?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyZD View Post
    I already contacted FWD-P and received no reply(yes I know they are partly retired). I need a 22psi chip for my 88 Daytona Shelby Z (stock garret). I have a 3 bar map, +40's, 50/50 meth/water injection and wisco pistons. 1mm oversized valves and 2.5" free flowing exhaust with ported exhaust manifold. Don't want any cold idle. Thanks for help.
    I assume you have Wide band for tweaking without it you and the tuner are just guessing. The general purpose tunes that I have seen are crazy rich and this is so it does not go lean and toast someone's engine. We can help you get pointed in the right direction. I do have a tune that would be a good starting point but whatever you do you should also have MPScan so you can log
    Regards,
    Miles

    DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

  4. #4
    Hybrid booster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Atlantic Canada
    Posts
    317

    Re: Where can I get a modded ecu chip?

    Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Have you thought about rolling your own? I think it would be frustrating to do a cal for that combination through the mail.
    I have thought of it and have tinkered with the software and looked at some cal files, however I am not familiar enough with the software vs engine tuning to risk it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by chromguy View Post
    I assume you have Wide band for tweaking without it you and the tuner are just guessing. The general purpose tunes that I have seen are crazy rich and this is so it does not go lean and toast someone's engine. We can help you get pointed in the right direction. I do have a tune that would be a good starting point but whatever you do you should also have MPScan so you can log
    Hi Miles! Alas, I only work part time and have no extra cash for such things. I have been running 22psi for 4-5 years and it's been fine. I know it's running rich when the meth/water starts to spray at 14psi. But it would be nice to be able to tune it better. I have a boostbutton stage 5 19psi cal chip in there now but I must have the extra boost and can't stand the high cold idle.

  5. #5
    Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,584

    Re: Where can I get a modded ecu chip?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyZD View Post
    But it would be nice to be able to tune it better. I have a boostbutton stage 5 19psi cal chip in there now but I must have the extra boost and can't stand the high cold idle.
    What tune were you running at 22psi? The boostbutton Stage 5 is easy to modify. As a Nova Scotian in Ontario, I can burn you a chip or two. Send me a PM
    Regards,
    Miles

    DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

  6. #6
    Hybrid booster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Atlantic Canada
    Posts
    317

    Re: Where can I get a modded ecu chip?

    I had +20 injectors with a stage 3 15psi fwdp cal on a 2 bar, grainered to 22psi with the meth/water inj. It was super fun! lol Fried my fat 15" 225 wide tires off in 2nd up to 100kph. I have 225/50/16's on pumpers now and it rarely spins....especially at 3psi less. Fast though.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-23-2016, 01:31 AM
  2. My new modded csx
    By 440dart in forum Project Log
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-04-2013, 02:04 PM
  3. SRT IC modded
    By ShadowFromHell in forum Fabrication
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 08:58 PM
  4. FS: Modded GLH in Minnesota
    By Omnious in forum Cars
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 01:21 AM
  5. Another TM modded: The next level
    By Dave in forum Electrical & Fuel System
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 10:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •