Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 36-1 Trigger Wheel Crank Pulley Adapters

turbo addict

Re: 36-1 Trigger Wheel Crank Pulley Adapters

Updated on FB a while back, but threw down for 2.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

UPDATE 8/15/2021:
    Anyone else interested in this Group Buy please get your deposits in by Friday 8/20/21. Materials are being ordered based on deposits.

And thank you to those that have already paid a deposit!

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Garrett booster

Paid!!!

Thank you to the 30 Group Buy participants who paid deposits for 38 adapters!
    The numbers have been communicated to our Canadian manufacturer, and material is being ordered!

Last edited by wheming; 08-21-2021 at 08:38 PM.
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

Mitsu booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

I will be using the Holley ECM. This looks wonderful. I had to build one for my Duramax Diesel when I went to a NIRA ECM.

One question on the 2.5 platforms. In NHRA stock Eliminator you are not allowed to run a crank trigger unless there is currently one they. Excuse my ignorance, I have yet to put my hands on one of these engines. Have a complete car on the way. I Will be running it in Stock Eliminator when my Jr dragster driver ages out. She has a few months left. I am trying to make the Divisional race in 3 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

I will be using the Holley ECM. This looks wonderful. I had to build one for my Duramax Diesel when I went to a NIRA ECM.

One question on the 2.5 platforms. In NHRA stock Eliminator you are not allowed to run a crank trigger unless there is currently one they. Excuse my ignorance, I have yet to put my hands on one of these engines. Have a complete car on the way. I Will be running it in Stock Eliminator when my Jr dragster driver ages out. She has a few months left. I am trying to make the Divisional race in 3 weeks.
    Last edited by Comp461; 09-13-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Comp461 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

What was the question?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comp461 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the site. There isn't a crank trigger on our engines, in stock form if that's what you're asking. They use a hall effect pickup under the distributor cap, and that's it.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

the TIII dohc 2.2 in the spirit R/T uses a crank trigger. the 8v stuff, not so much.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    the TIII dohc 2.2 in the spirit R/T uses a crank trigger. the 8v stuff, not so much.

Brian
    Great catch, Bucar. I always forget about that since I've never owned a TIII car. Distributors for life!

one good thing about the distributor setup in our cars is that it keeps the motor from grenading if the intermediate shaft gears that drive the oil pump shear off because the engine stops running.

for those going to crank triggers, use the distributor pickup wheel and a sensor to tell the new ecu what is cyl #1 and if the ecu loses sync, have it shut down.

brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict

in the middle lane of a multi lane highway .. that ain't as great an idea as it might seem...

direct connection had an oil pressure activated ignition kill switch.. great at the track .. not so much so with a tractor trailer up your butt

Got some finished machining pics from DJ Elford at Elford Racing. The adapters are ready to go for anodizing.

Also, we are going to design a trigger sensor mount to work with the Brian Slowe designed trigger sensor bracket, for using this adapter. I would like to have those available to ship together. But that would put delivery to about mid-November due to other production commitments of the manufacturer.

Wayne H.

Man those look great!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

do you have a particular sensor you are going to design the bracket around?

Brian

Garrett booster

Does Brian have the sensor mounts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    do you have a particular sensor you are going to design the bracket around?

Brian
    I plan to use the Cherry sensor.
    But apparently alot of sensors are the same diameter.
    DJ is going to work out the sensor mount based on Brian's designed part, and there should be some built in adjustment to fine tune locating the sensor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudexploder View Post
    Does Brian have the sensor mounts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At the time I started this group buy, he was out of stock. But he had already discussed with his machinist to get a new batch. I gave him the heads up that our group was probably going to be about 50. Looks like I'll end up with 48 adapters total.

And I plan to do 50 sensor mounts, so I'll have enough if those buying adapters want our sensor mount.

Wayne H.

Hybrid booster

Add me to the list

UPDATE!
    New sensor mount renderings added.
    Progress continues.
    Material on order for the sensor mounts. Working on pricing (but rough estimate should be NMT $30 with fasteners, probably less)
    *Sensor not included

Anyone who got in on the group buy with deposit will get a special discount (TBD) as a thank you!

Wayne H.

Another angle

Wayne H.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Looks Great!
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast