Thread: ISO AWD rear diff/axle setup

Mitsu booster

ISO AWD rear diff/axle setup

as the title implies, searching for an AWD rear axle setup. with or with out abs, does not matter. putting it in my 90 turbo. also the driveshaft and t case if you have them. looking to see if anyone has one near the 46805 area, which is gonna be difficult, but for the right price i would consider getting it shipped. thank you

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

turbo addict

Re: ISO AWD rear diff/axle setup

Are you still running the common block 2.5 or is it a 2.4 swap? Reason I ask is if it is the 2.5, what are you doing to solve the interference issue with the PTU and the block?

Mitsu booster

It's still a 2.5 but I'll be swapping a 2.4 when this engine dies. Just gathering parts currently because I know it will take a while to find everything

turbo addict

Ah, ok. I thought you'd figured out something I wasn't aware of. Because it's a van, it would be kinds hard to use the Pacifica PTU. That was my solution for AWD with a CB engine. Haven't tried it out yet, but I have all the crap.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Ah, ok. I thought you'd figured out something I wasn't aware of. Because it's a van, it would be kinds hard to use the Pacifica PTU. That was my solution for AWD with a CB engine. Haven't tried it out yet, but I have all the crap.
    I've seen someone on Facebook quite a while back was designing and cnc machining parts to mate it up to a manual as far as I can remember, but it's been 6+ months since I've even been on Facebook.

turbo addict

if you can find the thread ..not sure of the user's site name spelling .."lotofboost" or lottaboost" (rip) he had some pics and a good description of that machining.. he did an awd onmi with a 2.4 motor (think it was a 2.4)

it was posted here or on turbo dodge .. years ago

I tried to find the thread a while back with no luck sorry or I'd have a link

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 90Sleepervan View Post
    I've seen someone on Facebook quite a while back was designing and cnc machining parts to mate it up to a manual as far as I can remember, but it's been 6+ months since I've even been on Facebook.

Yeah, I was conversing with him on and off about it. Haven't heard or seen much in a while, either. He was trying to make it so the PTU was a direct bolt-on using this adapter plate. As it is, it requires some drilling/tapping of the transmission case, but to me, that's not a big deal. The other part to consider is that the driver's side bearing support needs to be machined to accept a larger bearing, unless you find a 1-year only transmission ('91 I *think*) that has the smaller bearing on that side of the differential.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Johny Dodge View Post
    if you can find the thread ..not sure of the user's site name spelling .."lotofboost" or lottaboost" (rip) he had some pics and a good description of that machining.. he did an awd onmi with a 2.4 motor (think it was a 2.4)

it was posted here or on turbo dodge .. years ago

I tried to find the thread a while back with no luck sorry or I'd have a link
    That would have been Carlos's (RIP) AWD Omni. A quick search will bring it up, I think. Lots of good information, but not a lot of detailed pictures, unfortunately.

He used a van PTU with a Pacifica rear end.