Thread: ATI Superdamper-is it worth the money?

Garrett booster

ATI Superdamper-is it worth the money?

Any thoughts? Was going to pull the trigger on one of these but since the 2.2 doesn't even need a damper, is there really any value upgrading the stock 2.4L damper? I can certainly find other places to spend the money. It would be on a 350ish HP 2.4L.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: ATI Superdamper-is it worth the money?

For only 350hp I'd say get a NEW OEM unit and be done. If you were going to go for big power and go racing...then the super damper has advantages over the stock unit.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    For only 350hp I'd say get a NEW OEM unit and be done. If you were going to go for big power and go racing...then the super damper has advantages over the stock unit.
    Good tip here. My buddy is looking to get the super damper for his incoming 2.4L project. The current owner actually recommended it. We'll take a closer look at it first after we finished installing the brake pads and rockstar wheels on the Silverado this week.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    I tend to agree with you here. Rockauto has the stocker for $100.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

I would say it's more about RPM than power. If you plan to remove the balance shafts and spin it high, I would say go with the ATI damper. If not, stock should be fine.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=