Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Falco Rosso SL#356

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Falco Rosso SL#356

Thanks Jon. It has been a long road so far, but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Well, the car now runs and drives, technically. I have replaced a goo chunk of the lines on the back half of the car. The most recent replacement was the fuel return to the tank. That is now ptfenhose, so it should be a problem which Is solved for the long haul. Hopefully I can get some gauges in the car along with functional brake lights and some headlights soon. Then I can actually get it on the road.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Today I have hooked up the gauges, beat the upper core support into submission, and mounted most of the drivers fender. The hood will now open and close with the latch and hood release in the car. I’ll probably get the brake light situation remedied next. And then go for broke with a header panel and front end lighting. This thing might be on the road sooner than later.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Is Joy driving it?
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

That’s the plan. It it were for me it old have been a manual for sure.

The header panel is on, the hood closes and opens well. Some headlights and it should be just about road worthy. This car should be on the road sooner than later.

Hybrid booster

Looking good! One of the few cars I would like to have.

Thanks James. I really like the lancers. They have enough room for me and I love the style too.

I’ve decid3d to go with H1 and H4 style housings from hella along with high wattage lights. I’ll relay the lights either way, so that part of it was a wash, and for what people are asking for the quality LED units, the E code housings look like a bargain. With the 130 H1 and H4 beams, I’ll need 30 amp fuses and some nice tefzel wire.

I did speak to my father about the CEL coming on when switching between the low and high beams. He is most certain that a diode will rectify that problem. Pun intended. We will find out.

I ordered up a 136 amp alternator today for the car I’m sure it should be all I need to keep the headlights and everything under control. If not, I could always go with one of the 160 amp units. I’ll upgrade the feed to the battery and the ground when I install it.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Holy crap 160A???
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Quote Originally Posted by chromguy View Post
    Holy crap 160A???
    Well, at 12 volts my headlights alone will pull about 44 amps on high. I want to go big or go home on this one. The systems in my lancer and NYer have a hard time when I flip back and forth between high and low beams, especially when coming to a stop at idle speed. I have diode relays going into the SL to kill some of the problem.

I have the 140a alternator from a jeep in my reliant these days.

I have LED headlights right now which arent bad, but they dont touch the punch from my hella 1000 Free Forms on the bash bar of my jeep.

I may go back to my autopal housings and the set of 90/100 hella H4 lamps with some rewiring as i think it will be brighter.

Brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

The high wattage bulbs and hella housings in my NYer can’t be beat. I think this lancer will be incredible.

i bet it will.

i looked at my H4 lamps.... they are Hella 130/90's

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    i bet it will.

i looked at my H4 lamps.... they are Hella 130/90's

Brian
    That's good to hear.

I'm getting a lot of the various projects on the car close to wrapped up. However, mission creep is really taking its toll. I started on the alternator subharness last night and got it ready for some Deutsch DT series connectors. I'm going to run 2ga wire from the alt to the battery for both ground and power. The 136 amp alternator has no provision for a ground, but the field terminal wires are super easy, as that is just a connector which is readily available.

I know it needs some suspension work, an alignment, tires, exhaust, and perhaps a cal. I'm not sure if it will get done in time for SDAC, but to go from on fire and nonrunning due to many different problem when I bought it to where it's at now, I'm actually thrilled.

Well, the car now has four headlights. It also has a new water pump and is just waiting on a little 2ga wiring for the connections and I’ll be able to put the harness back in for the alt. I want to make it to SDAC, and I hope I’ve learned some lessons from the last time I tried something like this.

Fingers crossed, but if the car is mechanically up to the task, I think my ability to get the work done should be fine. I’ve been putting in four to five hours a day into the car, and I feel like I’m somewhat ahead of the game. We will see.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Well, at 12 volts my headlights alone will pull about 44 amps on high. I want to go big or go home on this one. The systems in my lancer and NYer have a hard time when I flip back and forth between high and low beams, especially when coming to a stop at idle speed. I have diode relays going into the SL to kill some of the problem.
    What do you mean by "diode relay"?
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Relays with the diode already in place to handle the fly back voltage.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast