Re: Falco Rosso SL#356

Ah Gotcha
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I hope today is the day. All connections have been made except for the ones at the battery terminals. I hope to take it on a test drive to prove that it will function, and then it’s time to start on the suspension.

The car fired right up and the headlights work great. Unfortunately, the gauges don’t work and the brakes feel horrible. I don’t recall if I bled them after I replaced the rear line. I’ll try to bleed them tomorrow and go from there. I could probably do without the gauges, but I’m not at all thrilled about it.

We will see if I take this to SDAC or not. I only need to change out an axle seal and I could take the minivan which has good AC…

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

i had some issues with 87 daytona gauges at one point.... terminal cleaning and checking solder joints were paramount.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

I need to look at that. I also need to find out what the melted wires under the dash went fire made for a lot of fun wiring projects it looks like.

The brake booster is hissing pretty hard when I hit the pedal. I’m guessing that needs replaced too. I took it for a brief drive today and it wasn’t
    Terrible, not great either. I very well may take the minivan to SDAC, but this thing is back on the road and will be ready to take me back and forth to work very soon. I’m pretty pumped about it really.

For posterity, the bare SL wheels weigh about 21.5lbs. Not nearly as bad as I thought they would be given that they are 6.5 inch wheels from the 80s.

I ordered up a reman cardone booster for about ninety bucks off of Amazon. Rockauto is out of stock for the deeper units. I checked, and CSX 42, lancer 356, and my lancer Shelby all have that same booster. I figured it was a safe bet, but I do wonder if the flatter ones might open up space in some regards.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    For posterity, the bare SL wheels weigh about 21.5lbs. Not nearly as bad as I thought they would be given that they are 6.5 inch wheels from the 80s.
    Man I would have loved to get those wheels, especially the condition they are in. Glad they are going to a good cause! Also cool to know those wheels are 6.5 " and not just 6". Seems little, but definitely better.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Ordered up new ac lines, compressor, etc., etc. a little over three hundo, but it will hopefully keep Joy happy. Word on the street has it tha one can actually buy the duracool stuff still. I’ll look in to it, but I do have a few cases of duster lying around…

Took the car out on the road in a real way today for the first time. It ran ok for the first time out. Looks like the rad is rotted out on the bottom. I guess I’ll see if I have a good TIIrad in the basement to throw in there. Too bad there aren’t enough of us out there to keep the rads in stock at TU.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

I do have a few cases of duster lying around…
    mmmm duster lol. reliant is still on duster. works well though i have too small a rad and condenser for it and it heats up the coolant too much. honda 1/2 rad and same size condenser. larger stuff to go in soon.

07 town and country van has been on duster for years. freezes the kids out even with only the front evaporator connected... super cold. rear had a leak so I installed the plugs to the rear.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Took the car out on the road in a real way today for the first time. It ran ok for the first time out. Looks like the rad is rotted out on the bottom. I guess I’ll see if I have a good TIIrad in the basement to throw in there. Too bad there aren’t enough of us out there to keep the rads in stock at TU.
    the T2 rad uses a fairly common size end tank to get re-cored, well at least a good radiator shop could recore them 15-20 years ago

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Thanks for the info JT. If I can’t find a good one in the pile, I’ll send the best one off to be recorded. Fortunately, most of. One are in pretty great shape.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor shmedley's Avatar

There is a place up by me that I took a GLHS rad to like 2 years ago that took it all apart and rodded it out and repaired the spot that had blown out. Didn't ask about if they still recored radiators though. Their website says they still do A-len auto Downers Grove
    Thanks Brad S. SDAC National Proud Member SDAC Chicago Proud Member 14 Ram 1500 86 Shelby Charger "Chicago Stock"

Thanks for the link. I'll check them out first when I need a rad recored.

Replaced the brake booster today and just need to bleed the brakes and give it a test run. I hope to get the rad swapped out tomorrow and drive it to work at some point this week.

Filled her up for the first time after bleeding the brakes tonight. Still need a different rad in the car, but it runs pretty well. I’m looking forward to driving it for sure.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Excellent!!!!
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor GLHS60's Avatar

The sweet smell of long-awaited success !!

Thanks
    Randy

There is no logical reason to call an Engine a motor.

Randy Hicks
    86 GLHS60
    86 GLHS 373 : SOLD, but never forgotten
    89 Turbo Minivan
    83 Turbo Rampage : SOLD
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada

I did some testing tonight, and after some effort,I was able to determine that the cluster should be good. I believe signal is coming in on all of the wires,but there is no power to either connector, since there is no chime for anything and none of the other warning, door, ect lights come on, I think there is a break in the blue with white tracer wire right off the number 8 fuse or before the G5 splice. I'm attaching some wiring diagrams for anyone who has trouble with this in the future.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220807_184739.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	66026

Name:	20220807_180551.jpg 
Views:	22 
ID:	66027

Name:	20220807_175555.jpg 
Views:	21 
ID:	66028

Name:	20220807_175511.jpg 
Views:	23 
ID:	66030

Name:	20220807_175443.jpg 
Views:	22 
ID:	66031
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220807_175538.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	512.3 KB 
ID:	66029  

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast