Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Falco Rosso SL#356

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: Falco Rosso SL#356

fill the steel A/C parts with evaporust. jerry rig hoses onto the end of each of the parts. let it sit overnight or so. flush with water, then flush with WD40 and then spray them out with solvent and reassemble and recharge. worked amazing on my volvo. i did the same for the fuel lines of my reliant as they had rust in them years ago.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I think that will be just the ticket. Thanks for the suggestion.

Here is a photo I snapped tonight when leaving a restaurant.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230725_195608.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	66373

I replaced the top half of the speedometer cable today. The speedo and odometer both work now. The speedo bounces around more than I would like. I'll secure the cable to a couple things and hopefully that will cut down on the bouncing.

We did drive the car 40 or so mile and it ran well enough.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

i thought speedo's would bounce if the cable had a broken section in it that would catch on every revolution but have some play because of the brokenness.

did you inspect the other end?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    i thought speedo's would bounce if the cable had a broken section in it that would catch on every revolution but have some play because of the brokenness.

did you inspect the other end?

Brian
    Interesting. I didn't look at it too hard. I might remove it and take the replacement piece straight to the SDS to see what happens. It was quite a bit longer than the original upper section, so I bet it would reach fairly easily.

I replaced the struts today and put an alignment on it. -1.5 degrees of camber on both sides by just pushing them in and cranking the bolts. That was a first.

Replaced the shocks today. It's always fun when the top bolts break. The car rides much more nicely now.

I think the speedometer was bouncing around due to the extreme length of the cable. I hooked the new cable directly up to the SDS and it's much, much better now. I did check, and the cable segment which I removed didn't seem to be broken internally.

Today I swapped in the .91 transfer gears. The RPM is much lower at speed now, and that's a welcomed change. The gas mileage was relatively horrible before, and I anticipate it getting much better.

I do need to install a WBO2 and work on the cal some. It could use it, but it runs fairly well. Though after driving my NYer today, I was left wanting more from the SL in regard to the basic drivability. However, I think just a little timing down low would be all it needs.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456