Thread: A 555 transmission for sale

Mitsu booster

A 555 transmission for sale

Date: 19th February 2021
    Username: Digital-1010
    Full Name: Greg Goudie
    City, State, Zip: Pleasant Lake (Jackson), MI 49272
    Price:$600 local pickup preferred. May consider shipment if you have way but I have to believe it's expensive but I'm happy to discuss it.

Description: Just finished rebuilding (3)1989 A555, transmissions. This is the #2 trans. The intermediate shaft had some galling on the bearing end. I had the shafts (all 3 trans had the same issue) ground down and the appropriate KOYO bearing races pressed on and re-ground. All gears were broken down and inspected. This is what was replaced, new Mopar intermediate bearing, all seals and 1 KOYO SET11 output axle bearing was replaced. The gray 1-2 and black 3-4 shift pads were in great shape. 5th pads had some wear and were replaced with newly machined Delrin replacements. I have a lot of pictures of the internals, gear stacks and the build. This is a nice trans with super clean gears and syncros. Includes the speed sensor that came with it. Does not include a throw-out bearing. Can't seem to post any pictures here so a link to the main pic with my ID. Contact via PM if you are truly interested and if you want, I will get you access to the rest of the pictures and or a phone number if you have other questions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/118N...ew?usp=sharing

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar

Re: A 555 transmission for sale

Where did you find a Koyo bearing race for the intermediate shaft?

Mitsu booster

Re: A 555 transmission for sale

Wow, it's been a few years but I actually had the receipt. I purchased through "ebay" but the actual company was Johnson Bearing and supply, Inc., Sparks NV The KOYO number is IR-2016. I had a machine shop grind the surface down and fit the sleeve, then regrind the outer of the KOYO to original spec. They turned out great.