Thread: Bought Barry’s R/T

Mitsu booster

Bought Barry’s R/T

Hey all, just picked up Barry’s 91 Spirit R/T last week. Working on going through it and showing her some much needed love. I’m assuming a few of you knew him well, does anyone know what all was done to the car? It drives mostly stock aside from the koni shocks and lowered suspension. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’ll get some pics up once I get out of work.

Garrett booster

Re: Bought Barry’s R/T

His user name on the forums was SDAC Guy. You can search through his posts using the Advance Search. I haven't seen any posts regarding his Spirit R/T though.

I'm sure somebody will chime in.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Welcome
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor GLHS60's Avatar

Welcome:

I didn't know Barry personally but he was well known and respected.

I knew he had a GLH-T and always thought he had a Daytona R/T

Waiting for pics!!

Thanks
    Randy

There is no logical reason to call an Engine a motor.

Randy Hicks
    86 GLHS60
    86 GLHS 373 : SOLD, but never forgotten
    89 Turbo Minivan
    83 Turbo Rampage : SOLD
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada

Mitsu booster

It seems the powers that be won't let me paste in attachments yet so I'll have to get some uploaded onto Imgur or something.

Yeah, I found his handle on hear and started looking for any threads on the car to determine what if anything had been done to the powertrain of the car. Information on these has been touch and go to figure out. I tried buying Nate Greer's R/T after he passed back in 10 as I'd done a lot of work on that and the Stratus back when I was first learning how to wrench. So after looking off and on for 10 years for one I stumbled onto Barry's on a random marketplace post.

Basically where I'm at right now is I'm looking for a reliable 12 second build for this car similar to how Nate's was set up back in the day. Unfortunately I have no idea the best route to 12's with these cars anymore.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

You need to speak with Jackson. He's the TIII guy. Glad Barry's car has found a good home.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    You need to speak with Jackson. He's the TIII guy. Glad Barry's car has found a good home.
    Does anyone have his cell? I hit up Cindy over at FWD this weekend and missed calling her back Sunday for Jackson’s number.

also is it a post limit before I can post pics? I hate keeping you all waiting.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Hello! I am Jeff, the one who hosted the FB ad for Cindy. I knew Barry personally, I considered him a close personal friend. I'm glad Cindy was finally able to let the car go and I'm overjoyed to hear you speak up that you bought it, on TM of all places. Are you local to the Metro Detroit area?

Edit: For those who don't know, Cindy is Barry's niece. Not FWD Performance Cindy, they are 2 separate people. Hopefully it doesn't get confusing.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Glad it found a new home! Turbodave owned it before Barry so may have an idea of what all was done before Barry owned it.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo SOB View Post
    Hello! I am Jeff, the one who hosted the FB ad for Cindy. I knew Barry personally, I considered him a close personal friend. I'm glad Cindy was finally able to let the car go and I'm overjoyed to hear you speak up that you bought it, on TM of all places. Are you local to the Metro Detroit area?

Edit: For those who don't know, Cindy is Barry's niece. Not FWD Performance Cindy, they are 2 separate people. Hopefully it doesn't get confusing.

I’m about a 100 miles north in the Tri Cities. Yeah I’m glad she was willing to let it go and we were able to work something out. I wish she would have stored it inside, but hey it’s got a happy home now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Glad it found a new home! Turbodave owned it before Barry so may have an idea of what all was done before Barry owned it.
    Awesome! Thanks for the lead I’ll have to send him a PM.