Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well I tried...

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor tryingbe's Avatar

Re: Well I tried...

Quote Originally Posted by bgbmxer View Post
    Did they offer an unequal length setup in the dynasty or would one be able to make one with the correct center shaft?
    Shadow and I had a long conversion about using unequal length setup. The conclusion was that unless you drag a lot with your car, use Autozone life time warranty unequal length axles would be the cheapest and easiest. I have no issue with the axles and my cars make plenty of power and torque.
    Tailgate at your own risk.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post
    Shadow and I had a long conversion about using unequal length setup. The conclusion was that unless you drag a lot with your car, use Autozone life time warranty unequal length axles would be the cheapest and easiest. I have no issue with the axles and my cars make plenty of power and torque.
    I do plan on throwin my car on slicks at some point. Have a papp built hybrid with lsd and plan to throw it to it. If using dynasty inner and outers and having new shafts made is a viable and stronger option ill likely pursue it

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor tryingbe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bgbmxer View Post
    I do plan on throwin my car on slicks at some point. Have a papp built hybrid with lsd and plan to throw it to it. If using dynasty inner and outers and having new shafts made is a viable and stronger option ill likely pursue it
    The Dynasty long axle isn't going to fit a L body, I tried and failed.

So the option is to use two short Dynasty axles with an intermediate shaft. The intermediate shaft becomes the bottleneck. I don't know about you, but I rather break cv joint/cv shaft then break an intermediate shaft.
    Tailgate at your own risk.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post
    The Dynasty long axle isn't going to fit a L body, I tried and failed.

So the option is to use two short Dynasty axles with an intermediate shaft. The intermediate shaft becomes the bottleneck. I don't know about you, but I rather break cv joint/cv shaft then break an intermediate shaft.
    Which is why i asked if they made them without the intermediate shaft because yea im never running that. Did they make a Dynasty without equal length? You must not have gotten what i was sayin. Use the inner and outer cv and gdta shaft made

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Ondonti's Avatar

Why not use the people the French Canadian SRT4 rally racer uses???
    Brent
    GREAT DEPRESSION RACING
    1992 Duster 3.0 The Junkyard- Now - Megasquirt II/Extra. OEM 10:1 3.0 + funny business
    - Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 Stock 3.0 Junk Motor - 516whp 519wtq 20psi 91 oct built 3.0 stock n/a computer
    1994 Spirit 3.0 - 12.3@113 15 psi - Daily Holset He341
    - 316whp 349ft/lb @12psi
    1994 Spirit 3.0 a670 - Wife's - kids building a 3.0T
    1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE
    1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE
    1994 Duster 3.0 A543
    1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TII non IC, T1 31TH
    1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver, 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts, 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag
    2005 Durango Hemi Limited
    1998 Dodge 12v Cummins 47re 4x4 4dr longbed. No fuel plate. Mack plug, AFC & Spring mods. Boost elbow.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    Why not use the people the French Canadian SRT4 rally racer uses???
    More info on this. Litterly haven't a clue who your referring to but am interested

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12