So there are threads about modifying the A413, but most of the pictures are no longer hosted or have ridiculous watermarks (I'm looking at you, PhotoBucket). I figured I would attempt a How-To and redo the photos for posterity. I based this in DBB Mini's thread. I'm also following the http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/kn...-Mods-and-Info page. The ATSG manual is available online for free if you look hard enough. I'll keep it to mods you can do with the transmission in the car, and then tackle the internal stuff at a later date.

If there is something you see that could be done differently, feel free to let me know. I'm not an expert - just a hobby mechanic who is too cheap to pay someone else to do this.

PART I - The Valve Body

Tools: 10mm socket with a couple of extensions; T25 Torx; flat head screwdriver; drain pan; lots of rags; a place to keep all of the small parts (small clear tackle box works perfectly; and a beverage of your choosing.

Step 1: Drain transmission

Step 2: Pop off the throttle linkage and lever. You won't be able to remove the valve body if you don't.

Step 3: Remove the park/neutral switch with your adjustable wrench.

Step 4: Remove Pan (10mm bolts)

Step 5: Remove Filter (2 T25 bolts)

Step 6: Remove Parking Prawl E-Clip and DO NOT LOSE IT!

Step 7: Slip out Parking Prawl and set aside.

Step 8: Loosen and remove the 10mm bolts holding in the Valve Body. If the transmission is still in the car, more fluid will drain so keep a pan handy

Step 9: Remove Valve Body

Step 10: Release the spring tension by rotating the shifter lever shaft clockwise.

Step 11: Place the valve body on your bench as shown using the shaft like a kickstand to keep the bottom facing up at a slight angle (if you don't do this, you'll be chasing all the ball bearing during the next step). Remove those T25 from the valve body.

Step 12: Split the valve body and remove the ball bearings with a small magnet noting how many you have and where they go.

Step 13: Loosen line pressure screw by turning it clockwise to bottom (weird, I know).

Step 14: Flip over and remove the 3 T25 bolts from the black plate, and then remove the black plate.

Step 15: Take out the spring and plunger and set it aside. Put that plate from Step 13 back on but only hand tight.

Step 16: Remove this stepped spring bracket (2 T25 bolts). Set the 2 springs and 2 plungers aside

Should end up looking like this:

Had to stop due to the battery in my digital caliper being dead. PART II coming later this week. I really hope this blesses somebody in the future.