Thread: Adding cruise control

Garrett booster

Adding cruise control

I ordered a SBEC calibration from boost button a while ago. The problem is I didnīt thought I was going to add cruise control, but now that I did it does not work. I tried adding cruise control but I honestly could not make it run. I have the program and the chip burner, as well as chips. Is there anybody that can help me to add cruise control to the calibration?

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: Adding cruise control

do you have all the files that Rob used to make the cal? most importantly the .tpl file?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict

BTW some factory SMEC and probably the SBEC's were cruise enabled while others were not. Did your car have cruise to begin with or are you trying to add it on now?
    If not, do you have four or six wire brake switch? You definitely need the six wire switch. I've installed cruise twice on P-body Shadows that didn't originally have cruise. Had to graft in wiring, add six wire brake switch, correct turn signal stalk, and have enabled SMEC in addition to obviously installing the cruise control servo. The first one no workie until I installed a SMEC that was cruise enabled.
    Todd

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    do you have all the files that Rob used to make the cal? most importantly the .tpl file?

Brian
    I do have all the files, I just don't know how to enable it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    BTW some factory SMEC and probably the SBEC's were cruise enabled while others were not. Did your car have cruise to begin with or are you trying to add it on now?
    If not, do you have four or six wire brake switch? You definitely need the six wire switch. I've installed cruise twice on P-body Shadows that didn't originally have cruise. Had to graft in wiring, add six wire brake switch, correct turn signal stalk, and have enabled SMEC in addition to obviously installing the cruise control servo. The first one no workie until I installed a SMEC that was cruise enabled.
    Todd
    My car did not have cruise control. I already added all the wiring, the six wire brake switch, servo, clockspring, everything. But it does not work because the calibration was ordered without cruise control.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    Todd
    I may well be wrong but I believe the cruise control enabled smec's have a pin in one of the connectors that supplies power to the cruise control system .. if you don't already have a c-c enabled smec , you never well as I believe there is a physical connection inside that supplies power to that pin .. if not c-c enabled it lacks the connection to the pin thus never powering the c-c system .. so no workie..