Thread: No power to coil

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor jeff1234's Avatar

No power to coil

I installed a different head on my 85 Charger this weekend. I started it and got it running. Then I shut it down to install all of the intercooler tubing and when I finished that it wouldn't start. WTH? I checked for codes and got #53 internal check failed. OK, so I put a different chip in the logic module, no start. So I changed to a different logic module, no start, checked for codes and found #26 and #27 injector drivers. I changed the power module and got the same no start. I checked continuity on the grn/blk wire to the coil, its good. I checked cavity 10 fuse, good and the fuel pump comes on, what am I missing? Any one had this problem before?
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?

Re: No power to coil

There are some grounds related to starting I thought. Make sure all grounds are good and all bolts holding them are tight. First and easiest place to start. Swapping parts should be a last resort when it fired up as recently as can be inferred.
    Last edited by minigts; 11-25-2020 at 11:43 AM.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

I turned out to be a problem with pin socket #1 on the 10 pin plug. (black and yellow wire) coil.
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?

Broken wire or a pin that got pushed out?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the ridiculously late response, the problem was the tabsinside the female socket needed to be reformed. All the plugs need to be treated with deoxit. To cold now.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by jeff1234 View Post
    Sorry for the ridiculously late response, the problem was the tabsinside the female socket needed to be reformed. All the plugs need to be treated with deoxit. To cold now.
    Excellent thanks for the update
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Quote Originally Posted by jeff1234 View Post
    Cool deal, glad you got it worked out, regardless