Thread: MPtune compendium of categories and sub catagories.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor jeff1234's Avatar

MPtune compendium of categories and sub catagories.

Hello all, last night at a Dairyland SDAC meeting we were diving into MPtune categories and I noticed how few of the sub categories explained how the effects of changes the indivdual scale or arc would affect the engine.
    This prompted a email from me to Morris where he responded in part "
    i don't think any exists unfortunately. Rob Lloyd set up all the categories and sub categories as well as any descriptive text. he may have borrowed to some degree from geoff and derek breland and the old blueberry and ladybug stuff since some of the descriptions were used in those programs also.

sorry, maybe a post on TM asking for some of the experienced users of the cals to summarize that info would help. i could always key in that data into the cals then to memorialize it.
    morris."
    I hope that an admin could create a specialized heading to post this data would organize the collection of information explaining sub catagories for reference.
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: MPtune compendium of categories and sub catagories.

I don't know how it all began. The one person whom I think a lot of the basics originally came from has now passed. I've seen the factory program used to burn a chip. It's way different than what we do in many regards. Unfortunately, I don't know enough to be of any use. I've only seen it once and I was taken aback by how it differed both visually, and seemingly in the manner of adjustments.

A man who presumably has all the answers is a member of the site, but doesn't post much. The guys who really know keep it all very close to the vest. I fear we're only a year or two from a mass migration to aftermarket ECUs. I've seen too many boards failing both on here, and in my own cars. I can't seem to keep LMs alive for anything, personally. The fact that we can now make the V6 SBECs flashable might be the saving grace of stock electronics, but time will tell.