Thread: Stock intercooler mount?

Mitsu booster

Stock intercooler mount?

Can anyone tell me if there is a stock intercooler that will mount to this radiator?
    Picked this radiator up some time ago. I thought it had provisions for stock intercooler mounting, but it is very different from the stock T2 Daytona radiator and intercooler setup.

Thanks,
    James

turbo addict

Re: Stock intercooler mount?

You need a 90 VNT TIV or Spirit R/T or IROC R/T Turbo III intercooler. Both of these bolted to the drivers side tank and didn't come with top and bottom mounting plates like the TII ones your used to seeing. Yours was probably the TIII radiators that came out of Mexico that our good member to our south made available. I'll bet you can find a stock TIII intercooler as many went front mount. Google Spirit RT radiator and you should come up with some images to confirm.
    Todd

Mitsu booster

Re: Stock intercooler mount?

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    You need a 90 VNT TIV or Spirit R/T or IROC R/T Turbo III intercooler. Both of these bolted to the drivers side tank and didn't come with top and bottom mounting plates like the TII ones your used to seeing. Yours was probably the TIII radiators that came out of Mexico that our good member to our south made available. I'll bet you can find a stock TIII intercooler as many went front mount. Google Spirit RT radiator and you should come up with some images to confirm.
    Todd
    Todd,
    You believe you are are correct on both counts. This radiator was sourced from member that imported from down south and it certainly looks like the 90 VNT or Spirit/IROC R/T Turbo III is the ticket. Thank you for the great info! Now to see if I can locate one with mounting hardware.

James