Thread: Turbododgeparts.com affordable cylinder head options?

Hybrid booster

Turbododgeparts.com affordable cylinder head options?

Hey all,

I thought about posting this in the vendor section, but it doesn't look like there's much traffic over there. Mods, feel free to move this thread if you feel it necessary.

Has anyone dealt with Turbododgeparts.com in relation to their cylinder head options? I'm looking at what they offer, and the pricing seems considerably low for what you get.

A bare swirl head is only $219.00 USD, and does not require a core! Link: http://www.turbododgeparts.com/html/...nder_head.html

Are these Chinese castings?

I was just looking at options in case I need a new head down the road (mine has some wear in the cam journals, but we're gonna run it and see how she does).

Since I have all the other necessary hardware, a bare head like this would be perfect to have on the shelf in case I need one down the road.

Regards,
    -Zach

Hybrid booster

Re: Turbododgeparts.com affordable cylinder head options?

If the pictures are correct, they would not be the foreign casting heads. All the foreign ones I've seen did not have the Chrysler logo between 2 and 3.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar

Chinese heads are junk. You’re better off sending an OEM head to your local machine shop to be rebuilt.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by ajakeski View Post
    Chinese heads are junk. You’re better off sending an OEM head to your local machine shop to be rebuilt.
    Oh yeah, I should have been more clear I suppose. I was asking if they're Chinese manufactured because I know that I want to stay AWAY from those. I've seen the core shift horrors, the casting quality, etc.

However, if these are genuine OEM heads that have been pressure tested, new seats, new valve guides, checked for flatness, all for $219 from an actual online storefront? Seems like a steal to me. I was hoping somebody would have personal experience with the vendor for some feedback.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I've heard from a club member that they're good heads and that the machine shop they use is very good. I've never used them myself, but I would consider doing so based off of his recommendation.

Hybrid booster

So I had a phone conversation with Turbododgeparts.com. The guy (already forgot his name sooo bad with names) was very friendly and helpful.

I mentioned that I would prefer a cross drilled head if possible (being that my car came with cross drilling from factory) - he said that shouldn't be a problem, just let him know if I have the single or double sided cross drilling and he'll have his machine shop make sure it's set up correctly.

Nothing mentioned about any additional cost, he just told me to put the order in on his website.

I'll update this thread when I actually receive the head, but I'm feeling confident that this will be a quality unit. Figured I'd let you guys know how the transaction goes for future reference!

turbo addict

That's good to hear, I would definitely be interested in how it goes for you.