Thread: ecm numbers

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor jeff1234's Avatar

ecm numbers

I've got a smec 5234537 and 5227794. They don't appear on the list thats available. Can anyone tell me what they are.
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: ecm numbers

Quote Originally Posted by jeff1234 View Post
    I've got a smec 5234537 and 5227794. They don't appear on the list thats available. Can anyone tell me what they are.
    i found this in some old notes. don't know it's source!!

5234537 2.5 Eng. Man. Trans. Turbo
    5227794 89 2.5 LeBaron M/T but another source said 89 Mopar Performance 2.2 T2

so i'm basically no help!!
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

I find check part numbers here is useful
    http://www.glmwpg.com/ServiceManuals/
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

thanks guys, it was a help!
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?

Are you upgrading to SMEC?
    Regards,
    Miles

I've been working at it. Awhile back every time I would try my wiring adapter harness at the 10 and twelve pin plugs it would blow the fuseable link.(i put a fuse block in to eliminate the links) recently i discovered that the pm was the culprit. In the last couple of days I have been working on it again. Brian had me checking my wiring because pin number four on the ten pin plug showed some smoke and sparking. Ive checked through the wire harness i made at least four times and couldn't find an error so I measured the voltage at the pin outs. On the fourteen pin plug #6 is a ground wire that goes to pin #9 on the ten pin plug. Unfortunately that has 12 vdc potential. That won't work so I am stymied again for a bit. I have a pm in to AJ to see what he might think. Perhaps my 85 Charger wiring is different from the 85 wiring he may have used. I have been using an 86 wiring manual so there may be d8fferences.

I've been working at it. Awhile back every time I would try my wiring adapter harness at the 10 and twelve pin plugs it would blow the fuseable link.(i put a fuse block in to eliminate the links) recently i discovered that the pm was the culprit. In the last couple of days I have been working on it again. Brian had me checking my wiring because pin number four on the ten pin plug showed some smoke and sparking. Ive checked through the wire harness i made at least four times and couldn't find an error so I measured the voltage at the pin outs. On the fourteen pin plug #6 is a ground wire that goes to pin #9 on the ten pin plug. Unfortunately that has 12 vdc potential. That won't work so I am stymied again for a bit. I have a pm in to AJ to see what he might think. Perhaps my 85 Charger wiring is different from the 85 wiring he may have used. I have been using an 86 wiring manual so there may be d8fferences.
    I would recommend you get a 85 Wiring FSM or at a minimum the electrical section.
    Then build a spreadsheet or similar document which will help you understand what needs to be connected.
    This is what I did on my 87 LM to SBEC conversion.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nLQ...ew?usp=sharing
    I feel this is best, it may seem like a waste of time but I assure you it will save you a bucket full of time and frustration. My complete rewiring on the engine area worked on first turn of the key. I have the SMEC wiring FSM and in a spreadsheet. LMK

PS...If you want to create a spreadsheet like mine let me know as I have pins and circuit number currently in two spreadsheets so you just need to copy and paste the LM into the SMEC document. This will save time. If the wire colour changes on a circuit, I highlight for attention.
    Regards,
    Miles