Hey guys,

Figured I'd run this little quirk by you all while I'm putting my car back together. Maybe somebody has an answer for me 😉

Maaany years ago I replaced my odometer gear as the stock one had stripped its teeth off. I remember that the gear itself was recommended to me by somebody on the forums, but it's been so long I can't remember the part#

Ever since then my odometer and everything in my travel computer would read 10% fast. So at ever my mile marker on the road it would tell me I'd gone 1.1 miles. The travel computer would show the same, a 10% increase in distance, speed, fuel efficiency, etc.

I've always had the stock size wheel on the car, so it's not due to a small wheel rotating faster.

Has anyone dealt with this before? It's never been a huge deal, but it is annoying and I've never liked the odometer showing that I put 10% more miles on the car than I really have lol.

I'm not sure exactly how to troubleshoot this issue, and it'll be a bit before the car is back together, but I wanted to run this by you guys to see what you thought. Any help appreciated, thanks!

-Zach