Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Omni GLH Suspension Parts

  1. #1
    Mitsu booster
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    15

    Omni GLH Suspension Parts

    Hello,

    I'm looking for stock GLH parts, new or used. Coil springs, shocks or struts. Even possibly aftermarket GLH-specific parts (KYB Gas-A-Just etc..). I just prefer not to go down the Mark 1 Rabbit route.

    Location: Troy, NY (I doubt anyone is local, so if you are willing to ship, I'd really appreciate it)

    Thank you!
    James

  2. #2
    Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tuscola, IL
    Posts
    20,409

    Re: Omni GLH Suspension Parts

    James, have you checked out Rockauto.com yet? They're a site sponsor with pretty cheap prices on suspension parts.

  3. #3
    Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor tryingbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    7,274

    Re: Omni GLH Suspension Parts

    Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    James, have you checked out Rockauto.com yet? They're a site sponsor with pretty cheap prices on suspension parts.
    https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ion,strut,7584

    Shocks are out. Struts are on clearance.
    Tailgate at your own risk.

  4. #4
    Mitsu booster
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    15

    Re: Omni GLH Suspension Parts

    Hi guys, thanks for the suggestion. I've ordered plenty from Rockauto, but unfortunately they don't have anything specific to the GLH. The shocks I see are mostly base omni replacement parts. I also needs GLH coils, which aren't available anymore. If it comes to it, I am hoping to have them custom made, but none of the coil spring manufacturers have the specs. So if someone on the forums had a pair they would sell, I could get measurements off of them.

    I've also heard iffy things about the GR-2 series. A PO seems to have replaced shocks and springs with MK1 Rabbit parts. I want to go back to stock.

  5. #5
    Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor tryingbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    7,274

    Re: Omni GLH Suspension Parts

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesD View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for the suggestion. I've ordered plenty from Rockauto, but unfortunately they don't have anything specific to the GLH. The shocks I see are mostly base omni replacement parts. I also needs GLH coils, which aren't available anymore. If it comes to it, I am hoping to have them custom made, but none of the coil spring manufacturers have the specs. So if someone on the forums had a pair they would sell, I could get measurements off of them.

    I've also heard iffy things about the GR-2 series. A PO seems to have replaced shocks and springs with MK1 Rabbit parts. I want to go back to stock.
    You'll have better luck on facebook, there is more traffic.

    I throw mine 30 year old strut/shocks/springs away and installed Koni on the car and never looked back.
    Tailgate at your own risk.

  6. #6
    Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,579

    Re: Omni GLH Suspension Parts

    Iíve had Konis and GR-2ís on my GLH Turbos. GR-2 is fine with stock springs. Konis are the way to go if you find a set of LRE springs. GR-2ís donít dampen LREís well. I had two sets of NOS rear Gas-adjusts struts. It took two years to sell them, I should have waited

    - - - Updated - - -

    Iíve had Konis and GR-2ís on my GLH Turbos. GR-2 is fine with stock springs. Konis are the way to go if you find a set of LRE springs. GR-2ís donít dampen LREís well. I had two sets of NOS rear Gas-adjusts struts. It took two years to sell them, I should have waited. I have a full set of new Gas adjusts for sale. The hot thing now is could overs from FWD or R Bryant.

  7. #7
    Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tuscola, IL
    Posts
    20,409

    Re: Omni GLH Suspension Parts

    Rich Bryant's stuff is certainly the way to go. I would put on some later knuckles with big brakes, a 24mm MC, and Rich's coilover kit. It would be amazing.

  8. #8
    Mitsu booster
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    15

    Re: Omni GLH Suspension Parts

    Thanks for the input guys. I've done a ton of reading on this the past 2 months. Unfortunately, I just can't swing the $1k+ for the Konis or Rich Bryant's setup. They're both awesome and definitely a goal for the car in the future, but the car needs a lot more work before getting to that point. That's why I decided I wanted to try to convert it to stock if anyone happens to have some old parts laying around. I was also thinking of converting to the Galant AGX coilover setup, but I don't like that the piston travel length is different from stock. I posted on the FB parts group a few days ago, with no luck. I might try one of the other groups. Thanks everyone!

  9. #9
    Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Firth, Nebraska
    Posts
    5,009

    Re: Omni GLH Suspension Parts

    I have a full set of springs, mounts, whole shebang from a stalled GLHS project. They're Monroe Sensa-trac struts and shocks, stock GLHS springs, Polybushings rear strut isolators. I *think* the front bearing plates are also new, but I need to verify that. Everything is assembled and ready to bolt on; I assembled everything nearly a decade ago, but the car has never been off the jack stands. I have since purchased LRE springs and factory Konis, so I'm willing to let this stuff go.

  10. #10
    Mitsu booster
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    15

    Re: Omni GLH Suspension Parts

    Quote Originally Posted by supercrackerbox View Post
    I have a full set of springs, mounts, whole shebang from a stalled GLHS project. They're Monroe Sensa-trac struts and shocks, stock GLHS springs, Polybushings rear strut isolators. I *think* the front bearing plates are also new, but I need to verify that. Everything is assembled and ready to bolt on; I assembled everything nearly a decade ago, but the car has never been off the jack stands. I have since purchased LRE springs and factory Konis, so I'm willing to let this stuff go.
    Wow, sounds awesome! Thanks for the response. I PM-ed you.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-02-2016, 04:28 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 12:31 AM
  3. Suspension 91 and later suspension and brake parts
    By Badger in forum Parts Wanted
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 07:40 PM
  4. omni drag/scca suspension
    By 440dart in forum Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, Traction
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 03:55 AM
  5. Suspension/brake parts
    By Turbodave in forum Parts For Sale
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 12:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •