Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FWD Thermostat housing

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

FWD Thermostat housing

Looking for a FWDP thermostat housing. Just spoke to Cindy and they're out with no ETA.
    Nick G. 1984 Dodge Rampage

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: FWD Thermostat housing

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesismachine View Post
    Looking for a FWDP thermostat housing. Just spoke to Cindy and they're out with no ETA.
    Crap, I want one too.
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Mitsu booster

The last two I bought from rock auto were cast housings not stamped tin like stock very nice in my opinion and very cheap just not as pretty as the fwd oneAttachment 64894

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Hemenway View Post
    The last two I bought from rock auto were cast housings not stamped tin like stock very nice in my opinion and very cheap just not as pretty as the fwd one
    I don't see a cast one, do you have a link?
    Regards,
    Miles

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by chromguy View Post
    I don't see a cast one, do you have a link?
    https://www.autozone.com/cooling-hea...-3030/848051_0

Thanks Harry.
    Regards,
    Miles

Check with RockAuto. Maybe they will tool up and make some for the community

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2040007.JPG 
Views:	617 
Size:	329.4 KB 
ID:	64900.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post

Chris-TU
    I can't believe in 2020 there still isn't a sarcastic font. Would RockAuto tool up and make these? I searched your site and didn't see them in stock. And if FWDP started making and selling a version of above.... I'd have some feels about that too.

turbo addict

What came first the chicken or the egg? Or in this case the FWDP version or TU's version of the "billet" 2.2/2.5 thermostat housing. Get a patent, or get over it (lol). Even a patent would be expired by now! Life is too short people.
    Todd

turbo addict

Maybe I should machine some up

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    Perhaps a good group buy
    Regards,
    Miles

turbo addict

Here is a hint to whoever makes some in the future. If you make some machined without color (hard anodizing), get those clear anodized so they last. That is really the point of anodizing, not just to color them for aesthetic purposes. That goes for anyone making anything out of aluminum like thermostat housings, fuel rails, finished intake manifolds, whatchamajigger, etc. If you're know your going to be anodizing something your welding, choose the correct alloy welding rod that will accept anodizing.
    Todd

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    Well Jay, maybe with that statement your on "their" list now. Just what our vendors need is another vendor or a wisenheimer (lol). Make sure you make it just like the others, but with one less or one more rib. It will be your own design then, and no one can claim otherwise.
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    What came first the chicken or the egg? Or in this case the FWDP version or TU's version of the "billet" 2.2/2.5 thermostat housing. Get a patent, or get over it (lol). Even a patent would be expired by now! Life is too short people.
    Todd
    Seems like some mistook our post. It wasnt about having our design copied by another vendor, it was about supporting the vendors who support the community.
    Purchasing from the free magnet vendor takes valuable funds from the companies that have been committed to this community for over 20 years. Many complain why we are out of 3" swingvalves and our other unique products. The manufacture of them requires capital that was once made from products being purchased at generic vendors now. They could give a rat's --- about this community.

Sorry for the misunderstanding of our post.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

Why do venders like FWD Performance and TurbosUnleashed not have these in stock?
    MAYBE....they sold out and was not worth making more? Sales slow? Cost to make them vs price needed to sell them and what customers will pay?

MY TAKE...
    Sales on many turbo dodge parts I make are slow sellers. Truth, I have sold more in the last 2 months than I have sold in the last 3 years.
    ALSO...on some parts there is a large cost to tool-up/molds/etc...some times hard to justify.
    I did make something new a couple years ago. Put it out there "who would want these?"...many, many people said they wanted them.....sold less than 10. They sit on the shelf.
    Take the SDAC car shows I have been to. 90 percent have cheap Chinese mounts on your cars. Why should I keep making good ones?

So when you cant find "the good stuff" because everyone buys cheap stuff, why would the FWD Dodge venters spend time and money to develop or keep making things you want?
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Chris, no offense taken.

I spoke with Chris earlier today about these. I bought a couple 15 years ago or so with the intent of fixing my Horizon up. When I got out of that car, I started selling off my inventory of parts because of a massive vendor f*ck up. That fire sale included 2 of these housings I had purchased. When I started this post here no vendors had one available anymore, so I bought one from the here's-a-free-magnet-because-your-order-is-never-shipped-right company. This wasn't a dig at our vendors, since a couple of them are stand up. The housing I found was a decent alternative to a NLA product.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post

Chris-TU
    This forum software needs a like button.

Mitsu booster

I was under the impression rockauto was an approved vendor for this forum. I'm sorry I brought them up just trying to help annother enthusiast get a product somil6to what they wanted.

Hybrid booster

Thanks for continuing to stock the parts you guys do.
    What should we do about the T-stat housing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Hemenway View Post
    I was under the impression rockauto was an approved vendor for this forum...
    They are. I mentioned what I did because I always have issues when ordering from them. Gaskets that fall apart like playing card gum, mismatched brake calipers, parts cut open, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast