Thread: 91+ Spindles L and R.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

91+ Spindles L and R.

As the title says...need to get 91+ spindles for my Omni. Bearing aren't necessary as I'll be putting on new ones. Would love to get some from somewhere in the south or desert. Thanks

Hybrid booster

Re: 91+ Spindles L and R.

Probably a history lesson here but when China started buying scrap steel to build the '08 summer Beijing Olympics in what, '03 '04? Those little 2000lb+ $50 Iacocca boxes went up to somewhere north of $350 a ton and If you ware in the hobby back then you'd know that every Scrap Yard in the country jumped on that gravy train. I know of one Scrap Yard in Three Rivers, Mi. that had about 6 acres of bumper to bumper L-Bodys in what I'll call an L-Body Honey Hole until they crushed almost the whole yard in the fall of '05. They left one lonely 4door Horizon on that 6 acres. I walked in and ask 'um why they boterered leaving that one and they said we didn't leave it we just bought it last week. www.car-part.com lists nothing for '91 Omnis. My suggestion would be to contact a good Body Shop that subscribes to the Hollander interchange service and beg them to punch the right buttons and maybe they can come up with something that's still out there. G.L with your chase, Jer

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

last time i was looking for some, i just picked them up on ebay.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarneycars View Post
    Probably a history lesson here but when China started buying scrap steel to build the '08 summer Beijing Olympics in what, '03 '04? Those little 2000lb+ $50 Iacocca boxes went up to somewhere north of $350 a ton and If you ware in the hobby back then you'd know that every Scrap Yard in the country jumped on that gravy train. I know of one Scrap Yard in Three Rivers, Mi. that had about 6 acres of bumper to bumper L-Bodys in what I'll call an L-Body Honey Hole until they crushed almost the whole yard in the fall of '05. They left one lonely 4door Horizon on that 6 acres. I walked in and ask 'um why they boterered leaving that one and they said we didn't leave it we just bought it last week. www.car-part.com lists nothing for '91 Omnis. My suggestion would be to contact a good Body Shop that subscribes to the Hollander interchange service and beg them to punch the right buttons and maybe they can come up with something that's still out there. G.L with your chase, Jer
    I don't need spindles from a 91 Omni, I need spindles from any 91 + car as they're all the same up until end of the production run. Interesting history lesson tho! I remember when scrap prices jumped back then but didn't realize why

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    last time i was looking for some, i just picked them up on ebay.

Brian
    Yeah, that's what I'm leaning towards. Just wanted to check here first. I have no desire to go pull some spindles in the junkyard at this point in my life lol. Guess I'll just pony up and buy them off eBay

Hybrid booster

Are you saying that the '91 G and J body 5X100 15" spindles are all the same? ABS or NO ABS? Try www.car-part.con and don't forget that - "dash" or you'll go to the wrong site. You want the site that advertises 200,000,000 car parts. Plug in the blanks and go searching. BTW, their are both ABS and NONE ABS + Lefts an Rights both within less then half hour of Baltimore and some of 'um off and in the cars? Jer
    Last edited by bigbarneycars; 06-14-2020 at 02:37 PM.

turbo addict

I've noted the spindles or knuckles are the same but ABS vs non ABS MIGHT mean they DID NOT DRILL THE HOLE for the abs sensor..

so if you have abs you have to be sure to buy the correct spindle / knuckle ..

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarneycars View Post
    Are you saying that the '91 G and J body 5X100 15" spindles are all the same? ABS or NO ABS? Try www.car-part.con and don't forget that - "dash" or you'll go to the wrong site. You want the site that advertises 200,000,000 car parts. Plug in the blanks and go searching. BTW, their are both ABS and NONE ABS + Lefts an Rights both within less then half hour of Baltimore and some of 'um off and in the cars? Jer
    Yup....to me cause my 85 doesn't have abs so I dont care if the hole is there or not. Thanks for the help, I ordered some of ebay!