Hey All, I have been out of the game for more than 10 years, and I'm trying to get back into it. I have parts in bins I don't know what they are or how I came across them... Lol

Anyway, I recently developed some serious blowby on my 85 turbo. Has been upgraded to TII and 14 lbs boost. TII intake, exhaust, computer etc. All ran great for years. Stock lower end. It has the 287 head and the dish pistons. Compression was low in cylinder 1. Turns out the ring lands broke off. There is minimal scoring in the cylinder, can't feel it with finger nail so thinking a light hone will be plenty.

Here's the question, I found in my bins of parts that I have a couple sets of TII rods and pistons. I am currently unemployed due to coronavirus, and trying to do the best bang for my buck fix on this. Should I look to replace the broke piston with another 85? Is it better to swap in all the TII rods and pistons? Can I even do that with this crank and block? Are there any concerns?

Since I'm running a stage 2 glhs computer, is it made for tII pistons anyways? I've been okay for a long time, well up until now with my g head and 85 pistons. If you saw my other thread from a couple days ago, you know I have a 2.2 commonblock that I don't remember where I got it (lol) standing by, but I don't exactly have the cash to build that up at the moment.

Looking for advice please. Also, pics of carnage and the pistons and rods I found.

Thanks in advance.

-Andrew

http://imgur.com/a/DkFgtIZ